Bachmann 2-10-0 Russian Decapod

N

NP2626

This loco used to sell for something less than $200.00. Now Bachmann has up-graded it with TCS WOW SOUND and is asking $549.00 for it. I don't understand the huge price jump! A WOW 101 Steam decoder is only $109.95. This should price the locomotive at less than $300.00, why are they asking another $250.00 for it? I've had good and bad Bachmann locomotives! One of them that was returned to the factory and exchanged 5 times and I finally asked Bachmann to send me the little Porter Locomotive instead of replacing! I don't know that I trust Bachmann Products enough to give them over $500.00 to own one of their products any more!

Hmmm that seems really pricey. Perhaps they have also improved the quality of the drive or something? I own 2 or 3. I didn't pay anywhere near the $300 for them, but I added the sound and DCC myself.

Last edited:
I'm not looking for a Russian Decapod, only commenting on how high priced this model is.
I know you weren't. But for those who might be...

I bought a brass Westside GS-4 at a swap meet, and installed sound and a can motor for the same or slightly less than the Bachmann offering, and it's ten times the locomotive the Bachmann is. 1970's and 1980's brass steam is currently very cheap, and within reach of those who never could have afforded it in the past. It's a great alternative to plastic/diecast steamers. You have to do a little work, but the results are more than worth it.

I guess I could buy an MTH O-Scale version for $937.99; so, now, all of a sudden, $549.00 doesn't sound so expensive!

beiland, where is there a brass one offered?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I could by an MTH O-Scale version for $937.99; so, now, all of a sudden, $549.00 doesn't sound so expensive!

beiland, where is there a brass one offered?

It's on e-Bay, along with several others. It's a common brass model.

Back