attach nano light to ceiling

llwb

I'm working on converting a Zepher passenger car into a roadside diner. I would like to light it and have inserted a nano light (Just Plug) into the car through the floor. What is going to be the best way to attach the light to the ceiling of the car? Thank you.

I'm working on converting a Zepher passenger car into a roadside diner. I would like to light it and have inserted a nano light (Just Plug) into the car through the floor. What is going to be the best way to attach the light to the ceiling of the car?
I don't know there is a best way. I have a tendency to use quick setting epoxy .

Thanks both. Can I actually apply the glue to the wire itself so I can run it along the inside wall of the car to the center of the ceiling, thereby keeping it in place out of sight? I thought maybe there is some kind of tape I should use, but for N glue seems more practicable.

Thanks both. Can I actually apply the glue to the wire itself so I can run it along the inside wall of the car to the center of the ceiling, thereby keeping it in place out of sight? I thought maybe there is some kind of tape I should use, but for N glue seems more practicable.

I've used contact cement for wiring that needed to be tied down inside locomotives. It works well and the wires can be pried back up if need be. However, contact cement can be a bit messy if it's in a visible area. The next option would be medium-viscosity CA, but it's much more difficult to ever remove the wires from that glue point if you need to. Either holds the wires in place very well and neither one will harm the wires or their insulation. The upside to contact cement is that you can apply it, do something else, come back five minutes later and just press the wire in place. Unless your wire stays in place naturally, with CA you'll have to use something to actually hold it in place for a minute or two until it sets enough to hold on its own. Medium viscosity CA doesn't set as quickly as the thin stuff, but it is much more robust in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I often use small bits of electrical tape, usually black so its not visible. The Nano lights (I think) are very tiny and have thin solid wire (coated) and I shape the wires to the shape needed and use bits of tae to secure the wires in one or more spots.

Back