Atlas N GP40 Classic or Master Locomotive?

Paul Schulze

On the Atlas website, the N Atlas GP40 is listed under Master locomotive whereas the GP40 is listed under Classic when searching for parts. Does anyone know which is correct?

In A quick Google on the subject it appears there are "Classic" lines in both HO and N scale. Confusing admittedly. I would say that to be on the safe side, if it doesn't state clearly that is is N scale, then assume it to be HO scale. Good luck navigating Atlas's site, I found it a most difficult one to find what you want.

In A quick Google on the subject it appears there are "Classic" lines in both HO and N scale. Confusing admittedly. I would say that to be on the safe side, if it doesn't state clearly that is is N scale, then assume it to be HO scale. Good luck navigating Atlas's site, I found it a most difficult one to find what you want.

Thanks. My inquiry concerns whether or not the Atlas N-gauge GP40 is a Classic or a Master locomotive.

Searching on the Atlas Home page provides access to all models made by them, they recently aquired all of Walthers tooling for N scale. Both the GP40-2 and the GP40 are only listed in the Master series.

That’s what I think, but if you look at their n locomotive spare parts page, the GP40 is listed with Classics and not Masters.

I didn't go that deep, I had enough of that looking for parts for Gensets, talk about a convoluted pathway. You can call or write to them. I thought I had the guy I wrote to email address, but not so.

Called Atlas. Older ones were Classics. The newer ones have been upgraded to Master. Parts are basically the same. I assume this could apply to other locomotives.

Back