Atlas HO turnouts

35tac

Wayne B
I am unable to access information concerning the differance between #6 505/506 Atlas Super Track turnout vs #6 563/564 Custom Line turnouts. BTW anybody venture a guess on why Atlas on offers a #6 in the Super Track and no #8.
Thanks
Wayne

Have you tried to contact Atlas directly with this question?

I have a mix of Atlas turnouts myself, including Custom Line, but I don't think I've ever had any of their "Super Track" stuff. Never really paid much attention...

Last edited by a moderator:
SuperSwitch turnouts have a longer diverging leg than the Custom-Line, which requires trimming in many situations.

I remember them to be a little "coarser" as well in terms of detail, but I haven't compared them side-by-side, so I could be wrong on this.

I can't see a reason to choose SuperSwitch over Custom-Line for most porjects, especially since they are only available in one size.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will just comment on dcc. Yes absolutely find a good dcc system that fits the needs of the layout you intend to build, you can always find a nice dcc starter set and when you need more out of your system you can always upgrade the dcc unit. Dcc is awesome, enough said:D

Back