Atlas HO Train Master Locomotive

modelbob

Administrator
Atlas Press Release

HO Train Master Locomotive

New Road Names!

49515.jpg

(N scale model shown)
Advertised by Fairbanks-Morse as "the most useful locomotive ever built", the H24-66 Train Master was first introduced in 1953. Designed as a versatile locomotive with various equipment options available, it was found in both passenger and freight service across the US. It was the most powerful single-engine locomotive in production at the time, generating a total of 2,400 hp.

Atlas' ready-to-run model of the Train Master Locomotive is recreated with precision and accuracy to achieve first-class operation on your railroad.

You have two options in choosing the Atlas HO Train Master Locomotive:

1) Atlas Master™ Silver Series: Atlas' high quality locomotive with great features, such as seperately-applied detail parts, accurate painting and printing and the NMRA 8-pin plug for DCC if desired in the future.

2) Atlas Master™ Gold Series: Atlas' high quality locomotive with great features, such as seperately-applied detail parts, accurate painting and printing, with an e-DMD (electronic Dual-Mode® decoder) and sound right out of the box.

Features Include:
-Separately-applied door handles
-Real metal springs on trucks
-Realistic die-cast underframe
-Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual-flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
-Directional lighting
-Factory-equipped with AccuMate® couplers
-Painted crew figures
-Separately-installed fine scale handrails
-Etched metal radiator grilles
-Electronic Dual-Mode Decoder (e-DMD) (Item #'s 7700-7729 only) that allows your locomotive to run in DCC or DC
-NMRA 8-pin plug for DCC (Item #'s 7800-7835 only)
-Railroad specific details (Lighted classification lights on some models)

QSI® Quantum System™ Features Include:
(Item #'s 7700-7729 only)
-Dual speaker system
-Authentic diesel engine sounds
-Squealing brakes
-Doppler effect
-Air let-off in neutral
-Coupler impact sounds when operated with DCC
-Helper mode that mutes the whistle and bell for double heading
-And more!

For more photos, road names and pricing, visit the Atlas website:
http://www.atlasrr.com/HOLoco/hotrainmaster1.htm

That's one classy looking beastie, Bob. Do they come undecorated also? The only one used in Can. was by CNR I have a photo somewhere on the drive.
Cheers Willis

I have one of these...

Mornin' ya'll,

I just bought one of these with a Santa Fe logo. Last night I went to program the loco and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work? :confused:

So then I read the directions :D and low and behold I had to open up the shell and change a jumper on the DCC board. Seems they are factory shipped for DC operation. All went well and the engine runs great although a little noisy.

Regards,

the engine runs great although a little noisy
Bob , most noise can be eliminated if you can localize where it's coming from. Shell chatter usually is caused by the motor or a part attached to it coming into contact with the shell. Check to see if you moved something while you had the shell off. Motor alignment will also cause chatter. Gear noise will be located in the trucks, and will be amplified by the hollowness of the shell. Usually a piece of debris or mould flashing on the gears. Look it over carefully, I'm sure you will be able to get it running quietly.

Cheers Willis

Back