Atlas Gensets

diburning

AlcoHaulic
Atlas Container Shipping report is out. Container shipping from China on 7/25 will have the HO scale HH600/660s and a bunch of O scale stuff. No gensets.

:mad::mad::mad:

It's stuff like this that makes the whole pre ordering crap even worse. It's one thing if they would come in on the promised date but these stupid things have been pushed back a bunch of times now. Simply ridiculous.

I agree. What is up with these delays, after delays, after delays. Not only that, but the prices are going up and the quality control is non-existant.

They need to bring back manufacturing to the US. I see no advantages to keeping it in China.

I'm sure these companies are seeing complaints from us, and it's hurting their sales.

Wow these things just keep get pushed back. Then when they do get shipped the boat is going to sink or tip over like it did when the MazdaSpeed 3's first came out. lol

I can't wait for these as I want to pick up 2 CSX's....

Like I said before dont expect them till August or September as they will be delayed at least that long if not longer.

A delay of a month or 2 is understandable, and while still upsetting, we can live with it. But these Gensets were supposed to be originally released on December 31st of 2009! They are now 7, approaching 8 months late! Its getting ridiculous how far back they are, and like Mark said, we will be lucky if we see them by August/September :mad:

Intermountain is having the same issue with their ES44AC's. They have not even gotten their pre-production models in for the AC's, which means, well expect some more delays for them as well :rolleyes: In fact, just looked on IM's website, they have been pushed back from July to August now, which means they probably wont be here till September either as im sure there will be at least one more delay, but who knows.

**Entering Rant Mode Here**

Manufacturing in China and the US resorting to outsourcing and importing everything we buy has got to come to an end. Im not just talking about model trains here, im talking about literally everything in our households. Think about the big picture here, just imagine how many of jobs bringing manufacturing back into the US would make. Literally millions of jobs would be available. It would solve a great deal of this economic slump were in, and bring things back to normal. I just dont understand why this isnt done! So what if prices increase, I'd be happy to pay more knowing what im buying is good old US quality and was made by a US Citizen, and to know that im supporting the county in which we live. But no, the government just over looks bringing manufacturing back into the US and try's to find another solution, which probably will not work. Yes, bringing manufacturing back into the US after throwing everything overseas is going to be damn expensive and is going to cost ALOT, but isnt it worth it? I mean common we cant keep going like this, relying on another country to produce the everyday items we use over here on US soil. Its ridiculous, plain and simply!

**End Rant**

The problem is, Josh, even though you or I or most of the guys here would gladly pay more for US made products, we are in the minority when it comes to cough up or shut up.

There will need to be a lot of changes before we will get manufacturing back, ones we're not likely to see.

**Entering Rant Mode Here**

Manufacturing in China and the US resorting to outsourcing and importing everything we buy has got to come to an end. Im not just talking about model trains here, im talking about literally everything in our households. Think about the big picture here, just imagine how many of jobs bringing manufacturing back into the US would make. Literally millions of jobs would be available. It would solve a great deal of this economic slump were in, and bring things back to normal. I just dont understand why this isnt done! So what if prices increase, I'd be happy to pay more knowing what im buying is good old US quality and was made by a US Citizen, and to know that im supporting the county in which we live. But no, the government just over looks bringing manufacturing back into the US and try's to find another solution, which probably will not work. Yes, bringing manufacturing back into the US after throwing everything overseas is going to be damn expensive and is going to cost ALOT, but isnt it worth it? I mean common we cant keep going like this, relying on another country to produce the everyday items we use over here on US soil. Its ridiculous, plain and simply!

**End Rant**
Buy a new Jeep...

Back