Atlas Customline turnouts

35tac

Wayne B
I would like some information about Atlas Customline turnouts. What are the exact differences between Mark 2, 3 and 4 Customline Turnouts.
Thanks
wayne

Atlas Turnouts

Wayne:

Are you referring to Atlas Custom Line #4, #6 and #8 turnouts? The numbers correspond to angle degrees of the diverting routes of the turnouts with the #4 being the sharpest and the #8 the widest.

Atlas Custom Line turnouts are Atlas better grade turnouts as opposed to the Atlas Snap Switchline. #4 and #6 being the most commonly used turnouts. #6's are preferred to allow larger loco's to use the turnouts without derailing.

Thanks.

Greg

Greg, I was questioning the Atlas Custom Line series of turnouts in referance to there use of Mk2, Mk3 and Mk 4 terms. Current production is Mk 4 and according to Atlas there were minor changes but they are useable together. This is in the case of code 100 trackage. They only use the Mk4 term on the #6 in code 83. I was just asking for input from anyone else. Thanks for responding.
Wayne

I don't know what your budget is but Peco makes some nice turnouts. I dumped Atlas in favor of Shinohara (spelling?) and dumped them in favor of Peco.

The Mark 4 turnouts are one step up when looking at the points. The rivets are more concealed and the throw bar attachment is little better. Both the Mark 3 and Mark 4 are pretty much exact and you would not notice the difference and they mate up fine.. The new #8 have a tab which you can use to power the frog. Problem is finding them as Atlas has issues and is just starting to produce the flex and hopefully they will do the turnouts.

Thanks for the reply. I have accumulated a number of code 110 Custom Line turnouts for a staging yard. Mostly Mk4, 3 and then a few 2's. I will prioritie the usage from 4 down. The rest of the layout will be code 83 with some Atlas turnouts and the rest will be Fast Tracks.
Thanks for the info.
Wayne

Back