Athearn Stackable JB Hunt Container

Athearn states these are easily stackable, but I have no pin holes in trailer roof to line up with pins. What is the trick to get these to stack without moving or sliding off. These are the JB Hunt 53' Monon containers.

I think maybe these were designed to be stacked on top only. Writing on side of trailer states
"TOP LIFT / TOP OF STACK ONLY"

Last edited by a moderator:
Athearn states these are easily stackable, but I have no pin holes in trailer roof to line up with pins. What is the trick to get these to stack without moving or sliding off. These are the JB Hunt 53' Monon containers.

I think maybe these were designed to be stacked on top only. Writing on side of trailer states
"TOP LIFT / TOP OF STACK ONLY"
These containers are top of stack only. They are not to have another container on top. Phil

Other than pins lining up with holes, what are you guys using to secure the Athearn containers. I know the Kato containers have magnets built in to prevent shifting.

Other than pins lining up with holes, what are you guys using to secure the Athearn containers. I know the Kato containers have magnets built in to prevent shifting.

I like a little drop of Testors tube glue to 2 of the pins. Usually not needed for Athearn. But a necessity if mixing Walther's and Athearn containers. Phil

Id' just run them up top like the warning says.
On other contatiners I've done what Josh said on some and what Phil does on others as some have the pins on top instead, maybe Concor?

These containers are top of stack only. They are not to have another container on top. Phil

I think, but I could be wrong about this, and I probably am. However, I believe you can stack another of the same container on top of it though. At least thats the way it appears on the double stack trains I see.

I think, but I could be wrong about this, and I probably am. However, I believe you can stack another of the same container on top of it though. At least thats the way it appears on the double stack trains I see.

No. I tried. There are no holes in top of trailer for pins to line up. So I purchaed some Kato containers to make this happen. The KATO holes line up perfectly with the Athearn. KATO containers are magnitized so I will have to figure a way to magnitize the Athearn for best results (no shifting)

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I tried. There are no holes in top of trailer for pins to line up. So I purchaed some Kato containers to make this happen. The KATO holes line up perfectly with the Athearn. KATO containers are magnitized so I will have to figure a way to magnitize the Athearn for best results (no shifting)

Oh ok. I would consider just using magnets then. I have a bunch of containers as well and likely have to do the same thing.

I should clarify though. My reference was with the prototype.

Ok, I don't understand. These containers are not designed or loaded on the bottom. Top lift only, top of stack means just that. Which is the reason why there are no holes. Phil

Back