Athearn Blue Box!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Since Athearn has been purchased by it's new owners, I haven't seen much online or off line, especially sales, about Blue Box Locos kits . Does anyone have any idea of what is going on, or what will become of the blue box line for the future.

Cheers Willis

No but my German dealer gets every week some dozen blue box cars from the US. Can't stop buying them since quality for me is compatible to pricing ($6,- $ 10,-) and I love to mount the kits.

Hartmut

Athearn put out a production listing for 2004, which includes what they'll be producing for the Blue Box line. I think it's a PDF document on their web page...

Kennedy

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Wow the prices on the loco's have sure gone up. And I didn't see any U boats, must be going the way of the Alcos. Seriously my last new Athearn, a U33C cost me Cdn$28 about US$ 22.28 at todays rate so to me it looks like they doubled in price but even at that they are still an affordable option for the beginner. I wonder if it's new tooling, or from the same old moulds.

Cheers Willis

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.