As this one states.... general discussion .

BCK RR

All ,

I start a new job tomorrow Sunday JUNE 3 , the job is at -six flags-. I am Highly dreading this one. The reason being is that my whole family including my late parents were never - and now my other 3 Siblings - COUNTY FAIR, AMUSEMENT PARK or Whatever they're called now. I can only stand them for about an hour and a half or so ! I hope they don't get me to watch fire works as they close for the night.

BCK RR
Aka Tom

I can't quite make out your point. You have a problem in construction in your second sentence.

Last edited:
Tom I'd suggest you try to keep an open mind, you never know, you might like the job.

I wish you well, let us know how you make out.

A person's experience (including skills development and refinement) and personality are significant factors in person-work fit. Even if the work is innocuous, the culture in which it is performed may be toxic. As a person with graduate training in such things (Industrial/Organizational Psychology), I would counsel a person to be careful about choosing the best fit in a series of options.

One could sensibly argue that, when the chips are all laid down, a paycheque is really the most important criterion. That may be the case for a while, and it is conceivable that a person could unwittingly grow into the work and the environment and find that it is all at worst neutral. You could argue that, as soldiers do, when lives are at stake, you do what it takes. However, if the tension is great, the human will begin to suffer, perhaps eventually catastrophically. Of what use will that person be to loved ones who depend on him/her for not only their earning potential, but also for their mental and emotional well-being? And, if you find such utilitarian thinking repugnant (the breadwinner's overall utility), think deontically: would it be correct to counsel the breadwinner to take any job so long as it provides income? See the previous text in italics.

What does any of this have to do with Model Railroading?

I've always taken it to mean General Discussions about the hobby. Not everything under the sun. Obviously, my interpretation.

The coffee shop is the off-topic area, the "general discussion" one is for general discussions of model railroading.

I've moved the discussion to the coffee shop topic.

I won't place the blame on my new job advocate, she didn't realize that I didn't say yes I accept the Job offer or Thank You however I have to decline the offer.

BCK RR

Well, glad you got that worked out, hopefully you'll find something more to your liking soon.

Back