ARG get together

PNKFLOYD

Mikey
The Alabama Rail Gang pretty well hijacked Ken's thread about his trip to Alabama. Our apologies to Ken!

So many folks would have liked to meet Ken that the thread wandered into an attempt to meet at the Irondale Cafe in the Birmingham area for the ARG and any others that show up. Date not set yet.
At this point, suggestions have been that CJCRESCENT pick up the tab at the Irondale Cafe and a possible exchange of model railroad layout cars.
If I have left out anything important, please chime in!
Any other suggestions are considered. (Some may be considered longer than others.);)
Mikey

At this point, suggestions have been that CJCRESCENT pick up the tab at the Irondale Cafe and a possible exchange of model railroad layout cars.

Mikey

If yall are expecting ME to pay for the grub, one piece of advice, eat before ya come!:D;)

Well, shucks, since the BB Athearn boxcar for a CJ Bowser steam engine plan isn't going to work, I guess a rolling stock exchange is the next best thing. I'll have to decide between one my wood sheathed leasers or a patched out RBOX car. Either would be stunning, of course. :)

I'd vote for a Saturday too. Less traffic on I-65 and more trains!

I'd vote for a Saturday too. Less traffic on I-65 and more trains!

Also we could all take in a visit to the hobby shop in Pelham. Rick Locarno, the owner, just sold the shop to a retired couple from Florida who have 20yrs experience with a train LHS. Rick was very nice, and could get you anything needed, but he was primarily into RC. These folks are train people and will greatly be increasing train stock.

Tell ya what Jim, you buy it, I'll build it!

Last edited by a moderator:
CJ, that might be an offer I'll take you up on. I'd love to visit a decent train shop, since we have none down here.

CJ, I remember visiting that hobbyshop once or twice while my SIL still lived in Pelham. They had an 8x12(?) operating HO layout, with a few sound-equipped locos idling on it. I bought a pack of Evergreen strip styrene from there, and I forgot about it and it sat in my minivan for a few years till I cleaned it out when we traded it in for our Durango...:D

Ken- I'll bet you did not pay your export taxes for taking the strip styrene out of Alabama. We will bill you!!
We gotta pay for the Fried Green Tomatos somehow.

CJ, I remember visiting that hobbyshop once or twice while my SIL still lived in Pelham. They had an 8x12(?) operating HO layout, with a few sound-equipped locos idling on it. I bought a pack of Evergreen strip styrene from there, and I forgot about it and it sat in my minivan for a few years till I cleaned it out when we traded it in for our Durango...:D

Probably the same one, but he moved to a newer larger location got in more stock, mostly RC and installed a bigger layout totally computer controled.

I propose....

I propose that the ARG (and anyone else that wants to come) meet at the Irondale Cafe railfan location across the street from the cafe at 11:00 AM on October 18, 2008.
Lunch will be "dutch treat" and time will depend on rail traffic.

I'll post the Cafe street address later for Mapquest locating.

Comments or additional suggestions?
Mikey

Durn, I got excited when I thought CJ was not only going to actually show up, He was going to buy too. I was coming up for that! LOL

I'll try and keep the date open, but I'm not sure I can make it up.

Hey Glenn, if you can make it to Prattville, we can carpool the rest of the way up to save you some gas. That can be a long drive from Mobile. Glad the Gustav wasn't too mean to you although I wish the rain had moved a little further north.

Morning All. October 18 seems doable for me. I mean it is A PAYDAY,after all:D . I might actually have some cash,I hope. But please keep me informed. If you have a scanner,bring it. William.

Mikey, Gustav wasn't any breezier than Rex and CJ at an ARG meeting! LOL

Jim, If I come I'll let you know. Carpooling from Prattville would be great!

Back