AnyRail 6

Red Oak & Western

Is anyone using AnyRail 6? Before I pay for a licensed copy, I'm trying to see if I can either set or measure the distance either between track centers or from the table edge to the track centerline. As close as I could find is the ruler function, but its dimensions are so coarse as to be useless.

PS: I looked at SCARM, but it doesn't have a library for FastTracks HO.

I use AnyRail.
It is OK but not really worth the money.

I used SCRAM and it had FasTracks then.

The only thing I did not like about SCRAM was the way it handled flex track.

It may be better now.

There are several free layout design software programs on the net.

I use AnyRail.
It is OK but not really worth the money.
I used SCRAM and it had FasTracks then.

I don't mind paying for software IF it does what I want. I can't find anywhere in AnyRail where you can set a dimension and have it remain in place. I emailed Mixy regarding the FastTracks libraries, and he replied that creating a library for FastTracks HO would be "really difficult". Currently, they only have libraries for N, S, and TT. It looks like I'll need to find some other package.

I've used anyrail 5.0 and it is always accurate for measurements, maybe a bit on the small side for Lionel FasTrack.

I really love it and I think it's worth every penny I spent on it. If I had more free time I would enjoy just playing around with designing dream layouts as I have in the past.

FYI; I just upgraded to AnyRail 6 and it was free because I had previously bought the license for 5.0

Back