Anyone using a TS100 Solding Iron?

I have used for years a 25 and 45 watt soldering irons from Radio Shack and they were relatively inexpensive. My nephrew gave me a Weller soldering station that I really enjoy and the speed that it heats up to working temperatures is amazing. I found that each has its use and I agree with Espee that the TS100 may better serve the RC guys when doing repairs in the field.

Greg

If I was in the market for a new one I think I would seriously consider it. I've got a Weller soldering station and I like it really well. https://www.amazon.com/Weller-WLC10...qid=1579384926&sprefix=Weller,aps,188&sr=8-19 I would really like to have an accurate way to set the temp, but it isn't that big of a deal. Works well for installing my decoders so far.

Are you going to bite the bullet and let us know how well it works?

I've used a HAKO 936 soldering station (~$100) for YEARS and love it. I also have a knockoff (~$30) that works just as well. The good thing is that a wide variety of tips are available for about $1 each, as opposed to tips for the TS100 which run about $10 each. I also have a Weller cordless that I rarely use, since I do most of the work at either the test bench or railroad, both being close to outlets. Then again, it comes down to what YOU are comfortable with.

Hako 936-12.jpg

This is the Weller Station that my nephew gave me for Christmas several years ago. I just love the unit. I'll use my Radio Shack irons for certain projects, but the Weller is my first choice.

My nephew has a degree in Electrical Engineering and now is a patent attorney in DC and he used both the Weller and HAKO while in college and liked both units.

1579456962661.png

Greg

Back