Anyone good with Arduino?

Note: I'm off to make lunch, then head outside to work in the garden. I'll try and find the Beginners Guide and get back on this evening.

Sounds like the interst is there. I say Yes!
Great - thanks.

I'll check my resources and see if I can find the "Beginners Guide". As to all the varieties, they ALL work the same. The differences are in the physical size and/or the number of inputs and outputs and some other features beyond this discussion. For the beginner, the UNO is the place to start. It is the simplest to learn to use.
Kevin, also thank you. Even though this stuff has been around for awhile, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are baffled by it OR have never heard about it OR, like me, have no idea what it is all about. Reading "manuals"is great, if you understand them. Having people who use it and can explain stuff in laymens terms is far FAR better.

No worries on hijacking the thread. It's all Arduino related. I'm just glad those with more experience jumped in. A thread dedicated to Arduino sounds awesome!!

Tony, when I first started looking at the Arduino and the hardware, I was overwhelmed by the number of manufacturers out there. So, I stuck with the original Arduino, https://www.arduino.cc/ I also get stuff from https://www.adafruit.com/
arduino.cc has a forum where people post and github.com is where people upload their software sketches. I found if I stick to these couple of neighborhoods in the BIG world of the internet, I tend to stay fairly safe. The software is open source so anyone can write and share their sketches. With us adding an area dedicated to the Arduino, we should be able to keep the info flowing in a manner we can all understand.

So, anyone know how to make a booster with the Arduino? LOL

I've done a good deal of work with various members of the Arduino family. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

There are a number of "starter kits" out there which is a good way to get your feet wet. These kits typically include the Arduino UNO and a bunch of parts (resistors, caps, leds, etc) and a number of example projects.

Nothing fancy but it will give you a good grounding.

Frederick

Back