Anybody custom paint?

i think its time to call his local pd and me a report and for some reason i thought he was a cop in california too. if he is, this is pretty low.

if he is in the military and was going to be called up and shipped out, he could've atleast given any of his customers the heads up.

At this point I am giving up. The engine he had of mine is not worth it. Those of you who had more expensive units, I wish you luck.

That sucks , if its an inexpensive loco well
Lesson learned , some people just arent trustworthy when it comes to business ethics

As for losing a locomotive, you might require the person doing the painting to put up a payment equivalent to the purchase price of the locomotive or some fraction thereof, to be recouped on final invoice. A person could recoup such a charge by selling on eBay if the buyer decided not to pay after the paint job was done. I'd certainly be willing to put up a surety, outlined specifically in an email communication, before expecting someone to send me an expensive locomotive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope whoever has been wronged here on this forum hasn't given up with there projects. It appears there are several of you who have paid money for something that has not been done. This can be called "theft of services" or "theft by deception" here in NJ. I work at a police department so when i hear about stuff like this i ask some of the cops i work with what could someone be charged with (btw im not a cop, civilian employee). The customer, a member here paid Josh, the services provider, a fee for services to be performed. Josh accepted the payment but renegged on his obligation to perform such services. Regardless of what his reasons are for failing to provide his services, he has made little to no attempts to rectify the situation with all involved and has since appeared to have ceased all communications. The excuse of he's busy, in school or working are just that, excuses. Neither of which prevent someone from returning a phone call or email.

I wonder how fast he'll email or call his customers back when some of them contact the local police department where he lives or the county prosecutor's office.

Alright, I've returned as I have gotten nowhere. Amtrak Titan on this forum has offered to help by giving me Josh's cell phone number to contact him. I contacted him, and he asked me for my shipping address. I gave it to him (shouldn't he have it from the invoice?) and have heard nothing since, and have not received my locomotive back.

Amtrak Titan also has not responded to further questions.

As much as I'd like to contact his local authorities, I'm not even sure where he is located now. When I sent him the locomotive, he was located in San Diego. His phone number indicates he's in Prescott, AZ. I'll keep updating here as I find out more. It seems at this point that he has no intention of returning my locomotive.

I have attempted to file a case for mail fraud, but the form from the postal service says that they do not investigate incidents that happened more than a year ago.

Sorry for the late reply, I am in Boston right now on vacation. I am hoping to see Josh soon, as I haven't seen him in a while, and when I so, I will mention about the locomotive.

Its a shame its come to this, he does do nice work, or did. I had a couple engines done by Josh. Back to the original theme of the thread. I also love your paint scheme. Thinking it would look awsome on some GP7's I have been searching for a paint scheme for. Been search for a paint scheme and name for a could have been shortline I have been envisioning somewhere in the midwest. I hope everybody gets thier engines back soon. Mike

I've exhausted my options, and honestly, it's not worth it to pursue it anymore. I've now written off the locomotive as a loss. I just hope that this thread shows up on Google so that if anyone ever googles his name in the future, they can what he has done.

This is what I have done:

- Filed a mail fraud complaint with the US Postal Inspection Service. I did not receive a response.
- Contacted the San Diego Police Department who told me that they consider this to be a civil case, and therefore would not be able to help, but referred me to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). I filed a report there, although unless he's ripping off multiple people for thousands of dollars, I don't think they'll do anything.

I looked into legal options. The best I can do would be to file a case in small claims court in San Diego, but I live in Boston, MA, and traveling there to sue him would cost more than what the locomotive is worth.

It's a shame really, because he did a very nice work on past projects for other people, and I thought that was enough to trust him.

Don't know if this will help anyone or not, but I messaged Josh through his Facebook page and got the following response ....

Thanks Mark. I assure you and them I still have their stuff, boxed ready to ship, awaiting info for mailing addresses. They can contact me here (Facebook) or admin@blockchoice.com

Unfortunately for me, my education and work have completely overwhelmed me

Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back