Anthracite MRR Club, Hazleton, PA, last weekend

otiscnj

I shot over to Hazleton, PA, last weekend, to attend the open house for the Anthracite Model Railroad Club. Attendance seemed pretty good on Saturday, and the club member were very friendly. They have a website, but these are some photos of of the layout, I took myself. I was particularly interested in their modeling of Hazleton, as it may be a location on my Philly & Scranton layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
More AMRRC Photos 1/5/2013

These photos are focused on the Anthracite Model Railroad Club's rendition of Bethlehem Steel, in Bethlehem, PA.

AMRRC's Jim Thorpe, PA

These are some photos of the Anthracite Model Railroad Club's version of Jim Thorpe, PA.

LV F40PH and R&N Shark

Some 'fantasy units,' around the Anthracite Model Railroad Club.

An LV F40 and a Reading & Northern Sharknose Baldwin.

Great shots! I was going to comment that they were missing the Lehigh Valley Gorge railway train in front of the former CNJ station in Jim Thorpe! I live a little bit south of the area they are modeling - it's a great layout! Thanks for posting so we all can enjoy.

Great photos!

A few members of the Endless Mountains Model Railroad Club went to visit some other clubs in the area recently. We had hoped to get to Anthracite as well, but three clubs in one day took up our whole day. We hope to get to Anthracite sometime soon, as it is not too far away.

There is a link to pictures of clubs we did visit at the EMMRRC website, emmrrc.wix.com/trains. (It is a a lot of photos, too many to post here.)

That is a massive layout. And I like there take on the steel mill. Thanks for posting.

Actually, the footprint isn't as big as you'd think; its designed as a mushroom. Hazleton and the Jeddo mine are on the top, in the photos. Jim Thorpe and the steel mill is on the bottom level. The club is currently planning a 6' diameter helix to connect the levels. The helix will replace a 'nolix' design of sorts, which doesn't operate reliably, from what club members have told me.

Back