Another Newbie-Northern Ohio

Sweet-Chuck

Hi all. 36 year old getting "back" into the hobby. Bought an HO set off craigslist not too long ago and have been expanding ever since...mostly with track this point....which brings me to my question.

Recently I purchased some used track at a hobby store and now my loco needs pushed along the entire track, it is freaking maddening. All the connections appear level and tight. Any suggestions? What can I clean the track with?

the loco works fine, when i apply the power wires to the wheels it runs, and it ran fine previously, so I don't think the loco is going bad.

Thanks!

Dirty Track. I use 800 to 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper & then clean it w/a soft rag dampened w/70% Alcohol to clean up the dust if there's any left on the track.
Then, if you haven't already did it, I solder the wires to the track.

BTW, Welcome Aboard to the best DANG MRR forum on the net.

Hi Chuck,

As long as the track is Nickel Silver you should be Ok and it should clean up pretty easily
but if it is Brass [hopefully not] it will get dirty much quicker.

Welcome to the forum too.

Dirty track it was....after rearraning our basement and getting the "layout" in a better, more user friendly area I spent some time cleaning the track with some old modeling sandpaper I found in my "cleaning" project. Holy Moley does it work better!!!
Thanks for the tip....now to get on with the adventures!

Back