Another bent up loco ...

Aerojet

Well the CP did it again. A month ago they demolished a mini van at Brookfield, yesterday the plowed thru a flat bed semi loaded with sheet steel ...
4751a0a2-0980-463a-a63f-1797fca409d7-lcn_train_vs_semi_8898.JPG

The tarp on the loco is from the load of sheet steel. I don't know what causwed to loco to come apart like that -- see next photo.
7e189251-3b31-40bf-aa09-23d8c17e2d7b-lcn_train_vs_semi_8885.JPG

Just to let you know what happened. Train was an ethanol unit train, no derailment, no fire - only minor injuries. The umbrella shed at Cooney is okay, as is the antique dining car over at Maxims. Maxims had a couple of broken windows, but not much more. MY guess he was doing about 45 thru town, when the truck got stuck on those stupid "no train horn" barricades.

Thought you would like to see the mess.

The Aerojet
Your Dupy reporter

That's strange how that section came apart like that.I wonder how that works when CP is using UP's equipment and gets wrecked, being different countries to boot.
Does CP make and pay for the repairs or does UP repair it and send CP the bill.

Ken....Do locomotive have power brakes?

Tom: The mini - van owner or their estate may be the party to pay for the property damage.

I've had lunch at Maxim's and the track is literally feet from the restaurant's windows. That could of been a real disaster with the cargo that the train was pulling.

Nice reporting Aerojet.

Greg

Back