Android game: Train and Railyard Simulator

John P

I have a long airline flight coming up, and I decided to look for a railroad-related game that I could put on my little Android tablet to provide some amusement. With some searching, I found one called "Train and Railyard Simulator", by 3dinteger, based in Latvia of all places. (By the way, I have no connection to this company except as a user of their product.) And as a watcher of trains and operator of a model railroad, I really like it. It's not "high iron" railroading by any means: it involves moving freight cars from one yard to another, and switching at realistic speeds, with momentum very much a part of the action. The locomotives, cars and track are detailed enough to be satisfying, but it's got the feel of large objects in motion, not little toys dashing around. It's not perfect, and I can think of various improvements that could be made, but it's held my interest for a couple of long sessions, and I think it'll help on that flight. If you'd ever play a video game, I recommend this one. I believe it's for Android only. It's free, but some of the locomotives are locked, and if you want to use them you have to run an advertising video for another game, but once that's over there aren't any ads, nor is there anything the manufacturer wants to sell you.

Someone made some videos of Train and Railyard Simulator at work, which you can see on Youtube:

I love video games, sports games, but this one looks good too. Now all I need is the time to play, but that is another story all together.

This looks like it will be perfect for you as you fly.

Thanks for posting it and enjoy your flight!

Back