Amtrak Phase IVb

Canalligators

GTR/LBTA Freelanced HO
As many of you know, you can't buy Amtrak Phase IVb decals (current scheme) for low level passenger cars. Per Microscale, Amtrak is pulling a UP and charging high royalties to use the copyrighted images. Grrrr. Only Wathers has the rights... but I don't need to buy new Amfleet cars, just to decorate the ones I have.

It looks like you could paint the lighter blue then slice the small red/white stripe part off the phase IV decals. This won't get you the logos, but it would be better than using an old paint scheme.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? What's the right blue for the stripe?

Oh, forgot, if you're modeling a car who's logo is in the stripe, its a white logo, you're gonna need to find a custom decal printer for that.

Are you talking of the Phase V that Amtrak is running now? I am not familiar with IVb. I WAS looking for decals for N scale phase V but now know through you that it is impposible to obtain unless you hit up a printer that would do them up for you without worry for imfringment...Oh well...I guse I'll stick to phase IV for now...Thanks!!

IVb could essentially be the same as V. The reasons the IVb moniker came up is because they added a phase V logo to the IV scheme. Phase V cars DO exist in the same general design as the Phase V P42's, in Acela and Metroliner consists, thus why the scheme mention is called IVb, not V.

I've noticed Bachmann refers to IVb as V, where as Walthers Superliners are IVb.

Back