AHM HO Scale Trains Resource

There were a couple years in the mid 1960s where AHM produced some really good stuff. They did a line of freight cars that came in a plastic case and had metal wheels. Through the years they just got progressively worse. It was 1979 when I purchased a tank car that was so bad I had to demote AHM to the toy train junk category.

I do question one statment on the sight that talks about the E8 being produced until 1982. I remember a hugh advertisement in 1984 or 1985 promoting the newly paint schemes on the E8s and passenger cars. There was a circle of E8s all nose in making a very attractive ad. Or was that Rivarossi starting direct US marketing?

There were a couple years in the mid 1960s where AHM produced some really good stuff. They did a line of freight cars that came in a plastic case and had metal wheels. Through the years they just got progressively worse. It was 1979 when I purchased a tank car that was so bad I had to demote AHM to the toy train junk category.

I do question one statment on the sight that talks about the E8 being produced until 1982. I remember a hugh advertisement in 1984 or 1985 promoting the newly paint schemes on the E8s and passenger cars. There was a circle of E8s all nose in making a very attractive ad. Or was that Rivarossi starting direct US marketing?

If I remember correctly, AHM went bankrupt in the early '80s. Bernie Paul then reorganized as IHC, but continued to distribute the Rivarossi line until some time in the '90s. IHC continued the Mehano line until it's demise.

Back