Add tender to bachmann 0-4-0

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Guys

I wish to fit an spectrum slope back tender to my bachmann 0-4-0 as a beginning to my fitting a decoder inside the tender.

How would I fit the pivot post on the 0-4-0 - has anyone done this?

I await your valued advise

cmaceeepc
Craig

Craig,

It has been a long time since I have seen my 0-4-0T so I can't be real specific. I assume you have the 0-4-0T. You would need to cut the coal bunker off the rear of the cab. Then find a place to drill and tap a 00-90 screw into the bottom of the engine. Then cut the head of the screw off to leave a post for the drawbar to go.

Good Luck!
Glenn

With the pending arrival of the Spectrum slopeback tender, I have put together these shots of the 0-4-0.

I am thinking of mounting the pivot pin on the flat section just to the left of the "Bachmann" name molding - as there is a gap above this area.

If anyone has more ideas.

WCWBrassHat
What are you calling the coal bunker? - I am not sure what you mean

cmaceeepc
Craig

Craig,

The coal bunker is the part that sticks out behind the cab in the side view. When you cut off the coal bunker, you will lose the coupler mount. Where you are talking about mounting the pivot for the tender would be the right place.

Glenn

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.