A Rare Opportunity to VOICE Your Opinion!

FeatherRiver

AMTRAK REVITALIZATION –

A Rare Opportunity to VOICE YOUR SUPPORT!

Currently for the first time since AMTRAK was formed in 1970, all of us have a rare opportunity to let Amtrak - and all those many officials connected
with the proposed revitalization (and expansion) of America’s only passenger rail system - to voice our opinion and support of this currently extensive
and ongoing proposed project.

However, time is running out!
March 8, 2024 is the deadline for filling out a simple yet extremely important response email form concerning this revitalization plan.

Below is a direct quote from the Federal Railroad Administration:

“ ‘The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) is conducting an Amtrak Daily Long-Distance Service Study to evaluate the restoration of daily long-distance intercity rail passenger service and the potential for new Amtrak long-distance routes. This study will ultimately create a long-term vision for long-distance passenger rail service and identify capital projects and funding needed to implement that vision.’ “

Here is the URL that you need to view and to inform yourself of this issue:

https://fralongdistancerailstudy.org/

This issue regarding revitalization of Amtrak is divided into six (6) segments; the last of which is a simple form to fill out for letting the
Federal Railroad Administration that you support the aforementioned project.

This is an extremely important issue which ultimately will affect many millions of people;
this proposal goes far beyond any individual – it is an investment in the Passenger Rail System of the United States for future generations to come!

UPDATE:
At 7:30 AM PST on 24 February 2024, I logged onto the Federal Railroad Administration website (as given in Post #1 above), and typed in my response via the form supplied. I kept my reply short - but to the point, e.g., encouraging all parties connected with this study and evaluation of revitalizing Amtrak Passenger Train Service in the United States 'to do their best in improving and expanding upon Amtrak Passenger Rail Service'.

It only takes a minute or two to fill out the form! Everyone who believes in the improvement and expansion of Passenger Rail Service in the
United States should take a minute or two to let the Federal Railroad Administration know how important this current study and proposal is.

The more responses they receive from persons in the United States (and beyond), the more likely it will be this proposal of improvement and expansion of Amtrak Passenger Rail Service will come into reality!

Please do keep your response short and precise when filling out the form.

Back