A Northern Trespasser!!

CSX doing a little maintenance on the line leading into Ft. Bragg this morning. Had a tamper and regulator working at the switch to our railheader.
20190703_085159.jpg
20190703_090604.jpg

Last edited:
My club is at the old Northern Pacific depot in Livingston, MT nad I have seen locomotives from all over the country pass through. NS, CSX, CN, and many other pass through.
I could definitely do with a greater variety of Locos. :eek:

My club is at the old Northern Pacific depot in Livingston, MT nad I have seen locomotives from all over the country pass through. NS, CSX, CN, and many other pass through.

Chet, I can understand having many different roads on a mainline. But this is a dead end line that goes onto Ft. Bragg. Seeing anything other than CSX is a treat for me. ;)

My view coming into work this morning. This crossing is the only way that I can get to the office. Do you think CSX is going to pay my wages? LOL Not an engine in sight. 2 hours later, they moved it.
View attachment 37524View attachment 37526View attachment 37527

What are these flat cars actual name/termed as? I can't remember....

Nevermind... flat cars for non-intermodal service ranging in length from 60 to 89 feet, with loading capacities of 70 to 100 tons, and gross rail capacities of 220,000 to 286,000 lb.

Jerome pretty sure that is the truck that looks for broken rails talk about a cushy job and two rooftop air cond
I hated those tampers and the rail grinders had to follow them cause they would take off bond wires and cut the track wires

Jerome pretty sure that is the truck that looks for broken rails talk about a cushy job and two rooftop air cond

Yup, It actually detects or searches for "shelling" of the rails. This is a common issues with old steel rails where the steel within the the rail rust from inside out. So they do GPR/X-ray using various signals with magnetism & electric currents etc to verify the density of the steel.

Back