A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Eric, nice job. I can't believe that the install was that easy. It looks to me like you did some planning before you ordered it. Your layout is really moving on.
Thanks
Wayne

I slowed the cable car system down by just using a DC train control. I can run it at any speed. This the speed I settled on because I feel it is the best for realism. Also kept the cars from swaying as much.
https://youtu.be/MlBuf5S4Iso

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That speed looks better. Have you tried weighting the cars to reduce the wobble even more? It is a very cool feature.

Greg I tried a little weight but then the cars bow the wire too much. Think I will just settle for what I have. Maybe I can have a person hanging out of the window throwing up since it wobbles[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Greg I tried a little weight but then the cars bow the wire too much. Think I will just settle for what I have. Maybe I can have a person hanging out of the window throwing up since it wobbles[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

That would be awesome!!! ;)

Been Awhile

It has been a while since I posted any updates. I have been traveling a lot. I just got back from a 3-week adventure out west and when I got home I decided I wanted a little model railroading time. So I decided to get some skirting done to my layout. This has really made me get back into the mood of working on the layout.

IMG_3275.jpg IMG_3274.jpg IMG_3273.jpg

Hopefully, on the 4th I am going to be able to paint the sky background. This really made the layout look so much better and cleaner.

Thanks all, I value your opinions. Sure is nice to do a few things again. This year has been flying by and I am doing so much other stuff I was having a hard time finding time to do this. :D

So I got up early and painted my backdrop color. I know it is hard to tell in the pictures but it makes a lot more depth to the layout. Finally got some of the things done I wanted to do. First picture is before and the other 2 are after.

IMG_3273.jpg IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

Eric,

The skirt and backdrop gives things a real finished look, as does the facia. Time is the most precious commodity as I've gotten older. Always interested to see what you're doing!

Carl

Eric,

The skirt and backdrop gives things a real finished look, as does the facia. Time is the most precious commodity as I've gotten older. Always interested to see what you're doing!

Carl

Ditto what Carl says.
I was diagnosed with oral cancer last late August. Because I was stage 4-C my Dad moved me back to IL from my townhouse in GA - where my last layout is housed. My landlord there has been gracious enough to send me stuff. Of course I owe him big time on some shipping fees.
If we could get down there and get the rest of my stuff I could dump that rent as a monthly expense - but alas, I'm not sure I could handle the trip.
In the mean time I'm not letting this "little thing" mess up hobby.
I laid this track out the other night/day.
I'll start drawing the plans for the table.
In the mean time, at least I can drive a train around some.
I'm missing my NCE and DCC stuff. Perhaps it's time I tell the landlord how to take apart all the track wiring and just send me the PowerCab and necessary hardware.
E.

Back