A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Hard to believe that it will run on that tight a radius. I do have a brass Yellowstone (2-8-8-4) that has the rear engine fixed as in the prototype and it has no problem at all going around my layout. In one place the minimum radius drops to 32" and the rest of my curves are broader than 40 ". Really enjoy watching it pull a freight train around the layout but it only gets out of its box a few times a year.

Enjoy the locomotive. Waiting to see a video of it running on your layout.

I like big articulates as well, but now I beginning to believe that something like double headed Mountains, or such, can be just as good to watch

Hard to believe that it will run on that tight a radius..

BLI advertises - Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater - Now I do have an issue that I just wrote BLI about. The Big Boy's top speed was 80 mph, ran full horsepower at around 50 mph. I have asked them if there is a setting for the Scale Speed or is this how the engine runs. Has a lot of power but I do notice that when climbing my 2% grade 34-degree radius turn it crawls up the grade fairly slow with or without rolling stock. When it flattens out its runs fairly quick but at full throttle, I would guess 35 - 40 scale mph. I don't have a way to measure it but I own enough to know. So I will let you know the answer that they give me. It does look pretty running around, though.

The Big Boy looks great on your layout. The radius of your curves are wide enough that the big steamer's boiler does not diverge from the front truck much at all. Very cool.

Those long passenger cars on the other train look great too.

The locomotive really looks good on your broad curves. Nice to see trains running on your layout. Hope I'm still around when the UP gets 4014 up and running. I have ridden behind both the 3985 and the 844.

The locomotive really looks good on your broad curves. Nice to see trains running on your layout. Hope I'm still around when the UP gets 4014 up and running. I have ridden behind both the 3985 and the 844.

You're not kidding it's nice to have trains running. A lot of stuff I could not run on my layout and now I can on this one. Thanks for the comments guys.

Aerial Cable Car

Well I got my Aerial cable Car system working. Will need to do a few more adjustments then finish the details on the buildings.
Also installed some more trees today. Got a lot more to get done but it is shaping up.

IMG_2559.jpg IMG_2560.jpg

Back