A big layout

I worked a little this afternoon. I am very happy with the result. I used wood screws to attach everything. I need to add battens under the two "bridges". I'll do that later. The photos explain it better than I can. Hope it's clear...
Quick reminder: I need to be able to quickly disassemble my layout (SWMBO rule) :p

9002.jpg

9003.jpg

9004.jpg

9005.jpg

looks nice, but the wood you are using is not a really great choice i think. if this wood is the same as we have in switzerland, its a "sucker" so if adding colors it will "blow up". also the edges are not really strong on this type of wood, they can easily break. so if there is still time to change i would go for plywood.

i hope you get what i mean iam not that great in explaining in english :D

looks nice, but the wood you are using is not a really great choice i think. if this wood is the same as we have in switzerland, its a "sucker" so if adding colors it will "blow up". also the edges are not really strong on this type of wood, they can easily break. so if there is still time to change i would go for plywood.

i hope you get what i mean iam not that great in explaining in english :D
An answer to that is simply to use a coloured sticky-backed vinyl, but they're a pain to apply

I get it ! I use chipboard. Plywood is too expansive.

i hope you get what i mean iam not that great in explaining in English :D
I am French. So my English is very bad... but it seems like everyone understands me here.

I drew an extremely complicated plan for my new layout. It took me several months. I'm very pleased with the result. 🤣

3000.jpg

As requested ! :p I use Trix C track 2 rails DC made in Germany.

9006.jpg

Last edited:

Back