A big layout

Colbert

aka Chris from France
Hello Happy Members !
I found somewhere else this very amazing layout:
Stay tuned ! The worst part of this thread is just bellow ! 🤣 My smaller and very personal version of this famous layout. As usual, all your comments, advices and criticisms will be greatly appreciated. You can also laugh if you want ! :p :p :p

8031A.jpg

80200.jpg

8024.jpg

Last edited:
Some things I thought about the H.O.G. and your railroad: I would still put triangular pieces in the corners, it should not affect your reach; even with two sides against walls this railroad would be fine to work on and operate; consider raising it to chest high to make it easy to duck under (kids grown quickly, give them stools to stand on until tall enough); use 2" to 4" of foam insulation so you can keep the track level yet have deep features and bridges; use the corners for more spurs and industry buildings; consider making it sectional (easy to come apart) so you can enlarge / expand it in the future.

Hay Chris! Go and get a couple of cheap house kits; something simple. While you are building them, ask your SO to figure out what kind/style of curtains they need. Maybe what flowers and pots on the porch. How about interior wall color? I mean, go fishing!

Later

Big work today ! The layout should look something like this (sorry for the mess but it's a garage !). This is not the real layout (rather a giant mockup). First test with the wood purchased this morning (it's already 3:00 PM in France). (Dimensions are: 6'7" x 6'7"). Looks like it will work...:p

9001.jpg

Big work today ! The layout should look something like this (sorry for the mess but it's a garage !). This is not the real layout (rather a giant mockup). First test with the wood purchased this morning (it's already 3:00 PM in France). (Dimensions are: 6'7" x 6'7"). Looks like it will work...:p

View attachment 186047
Do you have all the necessary approvals and permits for this build? :D

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.
- Admiral Grace Hopper

I'll do that ! 🤣
Just remember, when there's no track gang around, it's SWMBO who feeds the foreman, so if you get asked would you prefer medium rare or well done, run!

Back