A Guide to 1920s era HO Scale Plastic Cars

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to your Virtual Model Railroad Club on the web. Want join in the convesations?

Register for your free membership today!

N

NP2626

What is interesting is that the Fowler 36 foot, wood outside braced, Box Cars, where still in use in the 1950s. I have several for my 1953 Transition era Northern Pacific Pike!

Sirfoldalot

Product Tester ACME INC.
Staff member
What is interesting is that the Fowler 36 foot, wood outside braced, Box Cars, where still in use in the 1950s. I have several for my 1953 Transition era Northern Pacific Pike!
Frisco ran their OB boxcars and their "double sheeted" still into the 60's, as well as hoppers and gons.

Espeefan

Frisco ran their OB boxcars and their "double sheeted" still into the 60's, as well as hoppers and gons.
I've seen photos of old OB Boxcars in service in 1971. Nice resource! I built a couple of the Red Caboose Reefer kits with the Overland herald and the proper black roof correct for the 20's. I have an Owl Mountain flatcar kit on the "to do" list (maybe over Christmas vacation). The Owl mountain products are quite nice and he makes some great detail parts. The Tangent tank cars are beautifully done, though a little pricey, at around $44.00 a pop (they don't do discounts either!). What's nice about them is as detailed as they are you can handle them without breaking anything, which is more than can be said for the earlier Red Caboose effort. They track well, and their weight is good. Thanks for sharing!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.