A Colod Storage Distribution Centre

GS4

Worlds Greatest Hobby
A Cold Storage Distribution Centre

:)

Here are a few pics of a scratch built background structure that I built. It's built as a plug in diorama. I built it as a cold storage distribution centre, but it can be used for any type of industry.

CSDC.A.jpg

Here are some close up shots

CSDC.C.jpg

csdc4.jpg

CSDC.D.jpg

CSDCB.1.jpg

and here's a shot looking along the track
cccsdc.6.jpg

For those who want to see how I built the structure, here's a link to my thread http://tracksidemodeler.com/index.php/topic,1554.0.html

Cheers, Simon :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool:cool: I like the way you have the trash all over and the ties look great with just the ends weathered lighter then the rest! Tell me did you build the chain link yourself looks great and the loading platform:cool: Best shot to me is the "down" the track very nice work :D

Looks really good. I like the bellows type loading dock although I see them more associated with tractor trailers and less with railroad cars. I work for a large food processer and we have them for out tractor trailer bays with adjustable levelers for hilos to gain access to the trailers. They need the trailer to fit tight to the loading dock door to reduce any chance of infestation, hence the padding around the door.

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

Thanks for the comments guys, they are much appreciated.

nmaniac, the fence comes from a Kibri kit #8605

Jim, the brick foundation is Faller "N" gauge brick paper

Cheers, Simon :cool:

Simon, I wondered if that was birck paper or styrene sheet. The paper looks plenty good enough to pass the three foot test and saves a lot of detail work.

Back