A building, a layout, finally!!

Dave, I think we did it right. I had a very good crew on the concrete. 4000 psi, fiber filled, 4 slump, footings rebarbed into the existing footings. Did I miss anything that you see?

Uncovered the existing garage wall today. It will get electrical and insulation eventually.
20190406_193202.jpg

Wow, with the right sized helix you could get some serious elevation by the looks of that wall!
I can see it now, train goes in, you go make a samich, watch the Blacklist, rework your tax return, build an Accurail hopper, get back in the train room and she should be just about coming out the top! :D

Looking through your thread here and I'm really impressed! it's come a long way since you started already; though I'm sure there's the itch to get in there and play trains, so it probably feels like forever for yourself. Looks like this will house the layout of a lifetime.

Wow, with the right sized helix you could get some serious elevation by the looks of that wall!
I can see it now, train goes in, you go make a samich, watch the Blacklist, rework your tax return, build an Accurail hopper, get back in the train room and she should be just about coming out the top! :D
Rick, it is just waiting for you to come down here and help me build!!!! ;)

Looking through your thread here and I'm really impressed! it's come a long way since you started already; though I'm sure there's the itch to get in there and play trains, so it probably feels like forever for yourself. Looks like this will house the layout of a lifetime.
Clergyman, it will be the biggest room I've ever had over my lifetime. But I figure it will be winter time before I actually get benchwork and rails laid.

Everything looks good to me. We make a big deal about the 1' of soil beneath the slab, but that is for some much heavier loads, I presume.

I guess if there is movement, you probably won't be around to see it!

Everything looks good to me. We make a big deal about the 1' of soil beneath the slab, but that is for some much heavier loads, I presume.

I guess if there is movement, you probably won't be around to see it!

Dave, there is over a foot of gravel underneath everything. It was a monolithic pour so technically I don't think it can settle any.

Back