A building, a layout, finally!!

Got the foil covered insulation installed on the existing garage wall.
DSC04088.JPG
DSC04087.JPG
Then the 2 main exterior walls finished and sealed up.
20191125_180356.jpg
20191125_180413.jpg

About that list thing I make one go to the store and forget the list still sitting on the counter at home :mad:
And if I never see another sheet of sheet rock be fine with me When I still had my building 14K sq ft I put up over 100 sheets on the ceiling alone most of it 12' ceilings that was in the part I heated and cooled Had my rr empire in part of it

Mike I don't have near that amount of sheet rock to do!! o_O 12' X 24' X 10' ceilings. Hence why I keep my clipboard and list, my mind wanders a bit. Lol

Sherrel, the contractor poured the concrete wall thicker than the walls sitting on top of it. Had to do something with them.

OK .. I have to go back and look closer at the walls. I have about a 3.5 to 4 inch "ledge" around my garage with the sheetrock going down to butt along the top of the ledge. The ledge sticks out about 3 inches from the sheetrock. I just caulked and painted the top of the ledge white to match the walls.
BTW - You are really doing a 'jamb-up" job on your addition.

P>S> I see now! I was just thinking of the bricked wall - not the poured concrete!

Last edited:
Thank you Sherrel. I'm trying to insulate everything I possibly can to save on the AC/Heat bills later on. I felt a lot of cold coming through the sill board and ledger wall, so I figured it can't hurt it any.

Thank you Sherrel. I'm trying to insulate everything I possibly can to save on the AC/Heat bills later on. I felt a lot of cold coming through the sill board and ledger wall, so I figured it can't hurt it any.

Too late now, but would have been nice to have laid a couple braids of Oakum between the sill plate and the concrete.

Back