A building, a layout, finally!!

I had to patch some of mine as well when I found the north side of the house badly water damaged. Fortunately, mine was contained to the siding, which was replaced and the painted. I hate replacing siding.

OK, got the siding all done today and started caulking. Hoping to have this end painted tomorrow.

20191018_180432.jpg
20191018_180432.jpg
20191018_180448.jpg

Lookin' good!
Whats on the pallets, bricks?
Rick, to answer your question about
20191027_095555.jpg
20191027_095611.jpg
bricks. We had to keep the driveway level with the garages, that made a large incline into the yard. My yard slopes away down and to the right, so we had to build it up an awful lot. You can see where the dirt is, that will be where the retaining wall goes. And also some large evergreens to keep anyone from driving over the edge.

Jerome looks very nice I've done my share of add ons and remodels so I know what it takes
The only thing I would have done different is where your new roof meets the old one I would have either tied it into the existing roof and made it all one or where the eves trough is on the old roof come straight down to the new roof so you don't have that small space to work in under the old eve
now when do you get the rr put in

Jerome looks very nice I've done my share of add ons and remodels so I know what it takes
The only thing I would have done different is where your new roof meets the old one I would have either tied it into the existing roof and made it all one or where the eves trough is on the old roof come straight down to the new roof so you don't have that small space to work in under the old eve
now when do you get the rr put in
Mike, I have 3 trim boards to go up there today, then I will never have to get into that area again.

Mike, I have 3 trim boards to go up there today, then I will never have to get into that area again.
Sounds good my only question and I can't tell from the photos is that soffit on the house vented ? It looks like you have ridge vent on the house ?
If so you might not want to block that soffit off And the addition should have some vents also in the soffit and the roof part
I've seen too many roofs get damaged from lack of ventilation especially when you heat and or cool the space under it

Now you did the addition in two months so the inside finish maybe a month ??

Looks good!

I would have interwoven the siding between the old and new garage, but I am being an armchair (ok office chair) builder.

Last edited:
Sounds good my only question and I can't tell from the photos is that soffit on the house vented ? It looks like you have ridge vent on the house ?
If so you might not want to block that soffit off And the addition should have some vents also in the soffit and the roof part
I've seen too many roofs get damaged from lack of ventilation especially when you heat and or cool the space under it

Now you did the addition in two months so the inside finish maybe a month ??

Mike, the soffit is not blocked off. Vents for both ends of the peaks are in the garage, with a temp/humidity controlled electric attic fan. I have all winter to work on the inside.
20191029_172119.jpg

Back