2nd bridge project

NYC_George

I started my 2nd bridge project today. Got the rocky cliff & riverbed sub structure done. Didn't have to be precise it gets covered with plaster cloth. I only needed to keep the fascia board looking good. It's going to be a wooden trestle like the one shown in the bottom left of the photo. I can't be to long with the project. Trains can't make it across the river without the bridge. The orange cars are Pacific Fruit Express cars shipped here from CA to feed the people around the Janesville area. How do I know these people exist? One day I put a For Sale sign on a house my wife modeled, You know for a touch of realism. She said, take the sign off the house. I said, Jane no one lives there except some imaginary people. She said, I want the sign taken down or else. I didn't want to find out what the or else was going to consist of so I caved in and took it down. This why I have complete this project as quickly as possible otherwise everyone in Janesville will go hungry. George

fb_wooden_trestle.jpg

I've never built one beiland there's trouble if you do it right side up? I notice you don't have any horizontal track stringers on your bridge? Is this normal for some bridges? I may try the upside down thing, You'll see?

George

Last edited:
I already installed the track stringers. I didn't take DJ's advice and build the whole structure on the work bench and then put it in place. I did that with the steel viaduct, not this time though. I'm sure I would have messed up the upside down building it on the work bench thing. The hobby shop didn't have the correct size wood for the vertical side braces so I'll have to see if The Hobby Lobby has some. It's a lot harder project than I thought. I didn't realize it would take so much thinking.

wooden_bridge_96.jpg

Last edited:
All most finished with my wooden bridge project. The local hobbies shops didn't have small enough scale wood for me to finish the bridge's hand rails. I'll have to order some. I think I may have over stained the walkway but I did just applied it. Maybe it will look better when it's dry, otherwise I'll have to fix it. The next time you see the bridge will be in a video I'm doing. The video will also include some volunteer fireman, doing their thing?

wooden_bridge_88.jpg

That looks fantastic!
What did you end up doing with the old tunnel/bridge scene?

KB02 I did away with the tunnel because all most all of my long base locos had trouble with the S turn before the viaduct bridge. I just moved that bridge over which gave me a opportunity for the 2nd bridge.

Last edited:

Back