2019 Layout goals.

migalyto

With 2019 just around the corner, what are your goals for the hobby in the coming year? I think it would be fun, and create some conversation. Maybe your just getting started, in the intermediate layout stage, or well into your scenery, and just are going to add some small details. Let us know what your plans are for the upcoming year. Be sure to check back throughout the year to let everyone know where you are at with your goals.

Happy 2019 modeling everyone!

I guess my goals would be to figure out a little more which direction I'm going, and to hammer out more of a track plan. The other thing that has been plaguing me is my backdrop. I would like to figure that out, so I can get that part done, so as track laying, and testing continues I'm not reaching over things. The last thing I want to accomplish this year is to scratch build my first industry. I have the idea in my head, just don't know if it will translate to styrene. I have never scratch built, but really want to learn.

Mike scratch building starts with an itch.:)

My plans are to get started with the tabletop,I've been slowly stocking up on track supplies and switches. I have an idea for a DCC system so I hope to get going soon.

With 2019 just around the corner, what are your goals for the hobby in the coming year?
MIne is pretty easy - Finish the layout in the office!
After that I have a bunch of models I want to get ready for the contests at the Santa Fe Railway Historical & Modeling Society meet in June.

I would like to completely finish the layout, but more realistically, finish the grain elevator & warehouse.
Build another 4-axle depressed center, a 6-axle depressed center, a flat car and a gondola.
Do more prototype photography, for reference on the layout. I have an old pc that has a virus. There's 300 or 400 pics, I'd like to transfer safely into this pc.
Racking up a lot of miles on my trains!

My main goal is to have my current 3x2' layout with all the track installed and the manual switching in place. Then, if that's done, start worrying about how the scenery is going to look and what structures to design.

Since the wife said I could take over the main room in the basement, my goal is to dismantle what I have done so far on the layout and start over.

I...my goals would be to figure out a little more which direction I'm going, and to hammer out more of a track plan.

That's my goals as well, but I don't know if I will achieve those goals.

The goal I hope to accomplish is to set up and use my Lionel Legacy System. Hopefully by doing that I will move closer to the other two goals.

Mike, this is a great thread, good idea my friend!

After seeing all the wonderful Chritmas train displays, I will make buying, and setting one up for next year another of my modeling goals.

My goal for 2019 is the same as 2018, 2017, 2016 etc. Do more scenery. Now that I have completed all of the benchwork and 90% of the trackwork, still have some sidings and spurs to work out, I can devote more time to scenery. I am about 20% complete, which is up from 15% at this time last year. Most structures and industries are in place and the track is at least 60% painted and ballasted, but only about 25' of fascia to backdrop is completed out of 330'. Lots of partial areas have been done, now to connect and fill in everything. Possible completion in 2022.

I'll just keep plugging along adding scenery and upgrading older parts of the layout. I have run out of room to put any more structures. I also plan on running trains as the layout was designs for switching and it has worked out just great.

I forgot to add that I would like to start this winter the benchwork and ceiling for the freight yard extension of my layout. The area now is storage for the House Manager's items. This area is the site of a former layout so I need to just replace the lay-in ceiling grid and tiles and do the woodwork.

The most difficult part of the project is sorting and packing all the items on the shelves that are in place.

Greg

Finish laying the track for the main line and Eagle Junction yard. I hope to do more, but that alone would be a big accomplishment.

Back