2 GeorgeTown grade crossings finished video

Thanks for posting. I have thought about installing operating crossing gates for years but haven't worked up the courage (or $$$) to get the job done.

Thanks Edsland, Montananand and Greg. I think there's 35 cars in the train Greg. I used the Circuitron FL_2HD to control the 2 grade crossings. I think I paid $28.00 for it. Good deal considering it controls 2 sets of lights. It very hard to see the first set in the video. It's up the road a ways. The gates are connected to tortoise switch machines powered by a 3v 500ma power supply. I have found a 3v 500ma is perfect for slow gate movement. Although I have holes drilled for the optical sensors I have not yet purchased the grade crossing detector unit yet. I just have everything working on DPDT switches right at the moment. Like Montanan said, the ($$$). I used Gold Wave sound software to add the track noise. Great program for working with any kind of sound files etc. I have 2 more set of gates to install at Janesville. I'll be doing another video when everything is installed.

George

George:

I used an earlier version of the Circuitron grade crossing detector. I added a bell ringer control that I can turn on and turn off depending on how much I want to listen to the bell operating.

Only problem I have is that the unit was designed for DC and I use DCC so I had to install a switch which controls the track power to the unit and it has to be set for the direction of the train that is passing through the grade crossing. Not a big deal since most of my trains run counter clock wise anyway and once the switch is set I just leave in one position.

Circuitron has some nice electric products.

Thanks for the number of cars in the freight.

Greg

Back