&

1. Yard Lead Switching

Yard Lead Switching

0-6-0 #135 works a long string of boxcars on the yard lead at Hopewell Junction on an August day in 1925.
  2. The C & S West Shortline extends Main line!

The C & S West Shortline extends Main line!

The line is pushing West & North toward the Triple Star? Silver Mine as this upper Main Line encircles Amalgamate Hill. This cross over of the lower line has been a troublesome spot from the beginning so now that I seem to have it resolved things really start to progress.
  3. MotivePower MPXpress locomotive

MotivePower MPXpress locomotive

MotivePower MPXpress locomotive used on the UTA frontruneer to pull Bombardier BiLevel commuter rail cars between SaltLakeCity & Ogden, UTAH.
  4. Cooley's Blue Ice

Cooley's Blue Ice

In August of 1925, Cooley's Blue Ice is still serving the Hopewell Junction area after almost 40 years in business. Little does Mr. Cooley know that Electric Refrigeration and the coming depression will soon spell the end of an era..... Ice House is scratchbuilt from scale lumber sawed on a...
  5. Saturday in the Park

Saturday in the Park

A lazy hot Saturday afternoon in the Park at Hopewell Junction in mid August. The band has started with a Sousa March and the crowd has settled in for the afternoon concert. The only sign of work is the SLO&W Decapod shifting a line of boxcars over the hill to the interchange at...
  6. Summer Night in Hopewell Junction

Summer Night in Hopewell Junction

On a Summer's night, under a moonlit sky, the people of the village have gathered to hear the Papec Band perform in the park. Rumor has it that famous Opera Singer Raymundo Howard may make a surprise visit and sing a song with the band as he was seen back home visiting his parents earlier in...
  7. Midnight!  Christmas Eve in Hopewell Junction

Midnight! Christmas Eve in Hopewell Junction

Twas the night before Christmas. Merry Christmas to all, And to all a Good Night!
  8. Old time Log Car by MDC

Old time Log Car by MDC

MDC OT log car with added break lines and Gladhands. Note the shorty passanger coaches and Horse Medow Depot behind, also note I need window castings for various buildings such as the station to complete them.
  9. Early 1900's Mack Truck by KEB

Early 1900's Mack Truck by KEB

The shot was taken at the end of a Fine Scale Minatures 'John Allen Station' located at Five Oaks. The main point of interest is the Mack truck.
  10. Campbell's Hand Car House

Campbell's Hand Car House

The kit was weathered to reflect a structure being used although I see other weathering that needs to be done. The hand car is an MDC kit that was modified with plastic axels so as not to short out between the rails when towed by the Railbus which I fitted with a tow bar and the hand car has...
  11. Morning Freight

Morning Freight

The morning freight rolls by the roundhouse at Hopewell Junction.
  12. Conquering the Hill

Conquering the Hill

The S.L.O.&W.'s largest engine, USRA 2-6-6-2 Mallet #326, pulls a long consist of boxcars up a 2% grade under a full head of steam.
  13. Rock SD40T-2M & SD60

Rock SD40T-2M & SD60

Rock SD40T-2M & SD60 taking on fuel.
  14. High Lead

High Lead

Class A climax backing into the heel boom area where the logs will be loaded and taken to the sawmill.

Back