Search results

1. Mark Nutter

What's the best substrate for a new layout?

Thanks JD. I guess I can do the caulk. I just need to commit to a long-term layout plan. My ideas are all over the place. I'm even thinking of installing an ellipse on one end of the layout and enclosing it inside a hill with an exit and re-entry in the middle levels. Maybe that's too much to...
  2. Mark Nutter

Thanks Jerry. How do you secure your track? This is my biggest issue currently as I have to decide on what track to use and a possible roadbed if necessary. I have some old track and some EZ Track as well as some Power Lock track (which I don't care for). I am transitioning from a holiday...
  3. Mark Nutter

Thanks Willie! This is a lot of help. I hope to catch a show or two this year where I can get some in-person conversation. I have a lot of questions.
  4. Mark Nutter

I'm starting a new layout after being away from the hobby for years. There is soooo much new information and new/better materials that I'm a bit overwhelmed. I always built my display directly on the plywood, but I love the idea of using foam as a substrate. I don't like tacking track to...

Back