Search results

1. Biased turkey

Cut stone for portal (what to use?)

Thank you Gary for that quick tutorial and the picture I'm looking for an hydrocal retaining wall, so your tutorial will be very helpful. Jacques
  2. Biased turkey

Bottle Brush Conifers

Thank you quadk ( Kenny ? ) and West Virginia Midland Man( ??? ) for taking some of your valuable time to reply and for the encouragement. Now that my bottlebrush tree looks good ( a lot better that my 1st attempt shown on page #5 of this thread ) I'm ready for mass production. I agree that...
  3. Biased turkey

Bottle Brush Conifers

Thank you Dave and GrampysTrains for taking some of your valuable time to reply and for the positive criticism. About the pinetree thickness ( diameter ). I took my camera to the local park ,shoot some pictures of the "prototype" and compared it with my bottlebrush tree. Is it me or what ? but...
  4. Biased turkey

Bottle Brush Conifers

Here is the 2nd attempt made following the tips and suggestions I received from some members following this thread. First I forked some $ for purchasing #18 gauge florist wire ( yes, the real McCoy ) I still used the same sisal rope used for the 1st attempt. Instead of gluing the twine to the...
  5. Biased turkey

Lessons learned!

Ron, I wouldn't worry too much. About 2 years ago I started 2 small N scale layouts. One has 3 Atlas code 80 turnouts, the other has 3 Peco electrofrog code 80 turnouts. Guess what, I never had any problem with the Atlas turnouts, but once in a while I have electrical contact problems with...
  6. Biased turkey

winter

Welcome aboard trainey. So far I didn't model winter ( yet ). Maybe it's because I live in Canada and see the real stuff too much. Here is a link that might help: http://scenearama.woodlandscenics.com/show/category/SoftFlakeSnow/ Jacques
  7. Biased turkey

First Successful attempt at a deciduous tree

Not bad Aaron, not bad at all. Nice job. I agree with Dave, when looking at a real tree one can see through the foliage. Jacques
  8. Biased turkey

Bottle Brush Conifers

Thank you Jos, Dave and GrampysTrains for taking some of your valuab;e time to reply and for the additional information and tips. Another question: on the picture # 2 ( page 5 ) I posted shoud the twine pieces be glued evenly on the wire, or should they ( as I did ) be glued as separate...
  9. Biased turkey

Bottle Brush Conifers

Thank you Allen, Jos, GrampysTrains and Aaron for taking some of your valuable time to reply. It looks like I fumbled right from the start because the wire I used is labelled as #30 gauge "White cotton covered wire" About the rope: It is labelled as "sisal twine", made in China ... but who...
  10. Biased turkey

Bottle Brush Conifers

Please tell me what went wrong with my bottlebrush tree ? It really looks anemic like a pine grown in the tundra , lol 1 st , a question: what's exactly the right wire gauge I should use for making bottle trees ? Here are some pictures of the disaster. Jacques
  11. Biased turkey

Weather Attempt 5

Thanks MLW for explaining your technique on page 5 ( the "Rag Technique" ) :) . You mention that you use diluted Polly Scale paints. Could you please list the name ( or the Polly Scale number ) of the colors you were using for the CN boxcars. I'm modelling the CN too. A big Thank You for...

Back