Search results

1. 3

Buffer Car service

Any advice about availability of HO "Buffer Car" decals. Haven't been able to find anything anywhere. Thanks Wayne
  2. 3

Programing a BLI Trackmobile

Any suggestions for improvement over defaults on the BLI Trackmobile? Thanks Wayne
  3. 3

HO layout background height

I am currently starting construction of my benchwork. Plans are for modules of a maximum depth of 24 inches. It will be a free standing layout around the wall with potentially a peninsula. I am considering a backdrop with just a simple light sky blue color. There will be no background for the...
  4. 3

Three Way?

I have salvaged a module that was built with Walthers Cornerstone 3 track engine shop and back shop. Three track approach. The track centers are 3 inches. So now the question is a logical access the shop. I thought of using a #6 threeway switch but can anyone estimate how much space that would...
  5. 3

Walthers Turnouts DCC friendly?

How can I determine which Walthers turnouts are DCC friendly or not. What do I do to the turnouts to make them DCC friendly? Thanks wayne
  6. 3

Repurposing HO layout

I am currently repurposing an HO layout to a Lionel layout for my grandson. HO just did not hold his interest. It's an open grid L-shaped set up and in the end it probably will remain flat. I would like to use the two sheets of homosote I have to top the layout. Somewhere recently there was a...
  7. 3

Turnout throw location

What determines the location of the turnout throw? Just working on a module and did it once before but never asked what side does the turnout throw belong on prototypicaly. Does it make a differance for a siding, yard or spur. Thanks Wayne
  8. 3

Atlas coupler sub

I just took delivery on Atlas Masterline 20-001-552 LEF&C single door boxcar. I do prefer Kadee couplers so I went about attempting a change out. Surprise, a very short coupler and I thought a Kadee #27 would do the trick. No deal, length looked fine but the draft gear end was to wide. I saw...
  9. 3

Atlas Customline turnouts

I would like some information about Atlas Customline turnouts. What are the exact differences between Mark 2, 3 and 4 Customline Turnouts. Thanks wayne
  10. 3

Tank Cars

Can anyone enlighten me about what todays typical tank cars look like that haul petroleum base lubricants such as motor oil or lubricants for metal working. I am not to sure about a current tank car I need for a petroleum products sales business or recycler. It's obvious that ethanol, corn syrup...
  11. 3

HO Code 100 to code 83 transition

In planning a future code 83 layout, I have thought of using code 100 in my staging yard to cut some expense. I would like some input on issues or preparations I might encounter using code 100 in staging and the transitioning to code 83 for the rest of the layout. My intent would be to use Atlas...
  12. 3

Model Railroad events SanFrancisco

Are there any Model Railroad events in SanFrancisco, Ca while I am in the area from approx 10/3/12 thru 10/21/12. Our daughters wedding is the reason for the trip but I will have time to check things out. Thanks Wayne
  13. 3

Atlas HO turnouts

I am unable to access information concerning the differance between #6 505/506 Atlas Super Track turnout vs #6 563/564 Custom Line turnouts. BTW anybody venture a guess on why Atlas on offers a #6 in the Super Track and no #8. Thanks Wayne
  14. 3

Turnouts which to buy?

I am perfectly happy to date with Atlas code 83 Custom Line NS turnouts. However there is another world out there. PECO, Walthers/Shinohara etc. If I were to need something not available from Atlas which would be the most compatable? Lets be technical and not just plain slam. Thanks Wayne
  15. 3

Dow Safety Train

Dow Safety Train is in Medina, Ohio with the Wheeling and Lake Erie Railroad providing safety training for Anhydrous Amonia. What a great looking set of cars. The cars are currently parked at the State Rd crew station siding in Medina. Love to have them on my layout. Thanks Wayne
  16. 3

Exactrail goes direct

I received an e-mail from a dealer BNM Hobbies that I had purchased from previously that Exactrail will no longer furnish dealer discounts effective May 1, 2012. Exactrail indicates that rising costs and there drive to furnish quality products has forced this move. I would bet that you will see...
  17. 3

Lichen

So with all of the differant scenery items available where does Lichen fit in the scheme of things. Thanks Wayne
  18. 3

DODX Caboose

Quickly passing the NS yard east of Cleveland and saw what looked like a very new DODX Caboose. Almost twisted my head off. Anybody seen this before. Wayne
  19. 3

Lumber yards?

Anybody have a lumber yard with a siding on there layout? looking for ideas/ Modern era would be great but I would appreciate any and all. Thanks Wayne
  20. 3

Brick yard/distributor?

I have a siding that needs a reason. One that I thought of was a brick yard/distributor. Receive via rail and wholesale out. Anybody done this on a layout. Thanks Wayne

Back