Search results

1. G

Seperating gravel driveways and grass?

I plan on putting in some gravel driveways and parking lots. Whats the best way to apply both without getting grass over the gravel or vice versa. Is it better to put the gravel down first, or the grass. Thanks, Gerry
  2. G

Can someone post a pic of the difference between blended and coarse turf

Installed on there layout. Thanks, it would be appreciated
  3. G

Is it a must to paint plywood before adding scenery?

I have all my track laid out on a nice piece of cabinet grade plywood. I am getting ready to add scenery, (grass, gravel, etc). Would there be a problem of just adding it to the board as far as the scenic cement sticking to it? Im assuming the paint is for the color of the wood to show through...
  4. G

Athearn F7B rolling resistance

I have a new F7B Athearn and it seems to roll with a little more resistance than other cars. Any one else experience this. Dont see anything rubbing. I lubbed it and its no better. Thanks,
  5. G

Loco's slowing over Turnouts

Kind of weird thing is happening on my layout that I just finished. The locos will slow slightly just before the turnouts, over them, and slightly after. And more so where I have 2 turnouts back to back. Ive checked the voltage with a meter at several spots and it is the same wherever I check...
  6. G

Old with the new, Coupler Question. Nube.

Dug out my old Athearn cars and locos. Can these old couplers be used with todays couplers? Be kind of a pain if I buy a new car or loco and have to replace all the couplers on the old stuff. If they do have to be replaced I looked on Kadee's website and it looks like the #5 will plug right in...

Back