Search results

1. Chef Waardevast

Advice on paint matching Rivarossi Empire State streamliner

Hello I just recently purchased an old Rivarossi Empire State streamliner. It was sold with some gluing error above the front headlight I managed to clean it up and wanted to paint the loco. The paint work is pretty good across the whole body and my preference is to maintain the original paint...
  2. Chef Waardevast

Repairing a Life Like E8 Cow Catcher

Hi All I just finishing converting a Life Like E8 Santa Fe Ho loco to DCC and I accidentally dropped the loco much to my disappointment. As a result I chipped the cow catcher (see image below). I don't know where the missing piece is unfortunately. Does anyone know a fix for this or where to...
  3. Chef Waardevast

Life Like EMD E7 replacement parts

Good evening I have an Issue with one of my Life Like E7 Santa Fe locos. I lost one of the number plates that are located to the right and left of the nose and was wondering whether replacements were available? Thanks in advance Chef
  4. Chef Waardevast

I have a strange issue with of my locos.

Hi I am trying run a Proto 2000 HO Scale FA2 loco. I have had this loco for years and had no problem running it on my previous layout. I have recently started a new layout which is code 100 Peco track (flex track). The loco will not stay on the track period. No matter how carefully I lower the...
  5. Chef Waardevast

Unusual problem with DCC sound installation

Good evening Forgive me if I had posted this issue twice. I have come across a problem with one of my locos after a recent dcc sound installation. I purchased a tsunami 2 steam sound decoder and had it installed in a Bachmann GS4. The service guy who did the install programmed the loco using a...
  6. Chef Waardevast

Problem with programming using NCE power cab

Good evening I was hoping I could get some help with lowering volume using my NCE power cab. I have 3 broadway limited Locos that have been factory set to 255 (max volume). It is very load and annoying. The problem is I am having trouble lowering the master volume? I have followed all the...
  7. Chef Waardevast

Help with DCC wiring

Good evening I was hoping to get some expert advice on DCC wiring. I have provided a diagram of my layout and the current flow of my operation. I run an NCE power cab and Digitrax AR1 auto reverser as I have a reverse loop. I have also added a light bulb/circuit breaker/current absorber. I...
  8. Chef Waardevast

Auto reverser on DCC layout

Good evening and Merry Christmas!! For those of you who happen to be about and haven't quite joined in the festivities. I was hoping to get some help on auto reverse looping. I have one reverse loop on my layout that requires an auto reverser. Is possible to use the same auto reverser on two...
  9. Chef Waardevast

Adding sound to dcc fitted locos

Good evening all, I purchased a Bachmann 50206 HO WesternYour assistance will be appriciated. Pacific GS64 4-8-4 that states its DCC fitted but I have no sound? I use a NCE Powercab, whilst I got the loco operating well enough I can't operate the sound. Does sound come with all dcc fitted...
  10. Chef Waardevast

Blocking track for DCC installation

Good evening I have a quick question regarding blocking track sections for DCC. Whilst I do understand the concept of having a main bus line as your main power then installing feeders to each block, but does each block powered by feeder's require an individual on off switch to each block same...
  11. Chef Waardevast

Using DC accessories to power dc solenoid point motors on DCC layout

Good evening I am in the process of wiring my layout which will be both DCC and DC separately. I have a lot of surplus DC solenoid point motors by Peco from a previous layout that I was hoping to recycle. Although I have decided not to operate both dc and dcc on same track is it possible to...
  12. Chef Waardevast

PRR T1 4-4-4-4 BLI MINIMUM TURNOUT RADII

Hello I hope you had a great thanks giving, I have a question regarding turnouts that I was hoping to get some advice. I just purchased the BLT PRR T1 4-4-4-4 and I am reconfiguring my layout to run it. I have one section of track that requires a turnout but I'm not sure given that it will be...
  13. Chef Waardevast

MTH Southern Pacific Daylights DC

Hello Im new to this forum and a little new to Model Railroading. I have question about a loco I was interested in purchasing and was hoping to get some advice. I was interested in purchasing an MTH SPD GS4 HO locomotive. Its quite expensive and I guess I want to be sure it will be right for...

Back