Search results

1. frolf_king

Train Shows in Texas

Can anyone provide me with a search engine to find train shows in my area? I have been looking online but have had no luck. Most of the ones I find are very busy and hard to work with. Any help would be great. I live in Waco, Texas and I am looking for something to do with my son this...
  2. frolf_king

Tunnel cover

Newby here... I am starting a layout for the first time so I am not sure on a lot of what i am doing. I don't have a theme yet but I know I want it to be mountainous and rural in general. I built a tunnel out of particle board and now I want to cover it to make it look like a mountain...
  3. frolf_king

Layout software

Anyone know of a free download for layout software?
  4. frolf_king

Homemade HO and O scale Tunnel specs

Newbie here. HELP!!!! :confused: I would like to build my own mountain side w/tunnel but I am not sure how to go about it. I know they sell molds and molding materials but are there any house hold materials that could be used? Like Styrofoam (messy I know), or something similar that...
  5. frolf_king

HO Flex Track

Newbie here....:confused: 1st question...I bought some HO flex tack and am trying to connect it to some existing Atlas track that I have. What type of connectors do I need to accomplish this? I tried several ways the other night and was only able to connect them on a straight line. When...
  6. frolf_king

O/Scale Web links

Can anyone recommend a reasonable supplier of O/Scale items? I need a bridge and some scenery. I am also looking for some mountain background that can be attached to the wall. Roll On...... Frolf_king
  7. frolf_king

0/27 Track noise

I have posted this on the another forum and was told I may have more luck posing it here. So here goes.... Can anyone tell me how to tone down the noise that the O/27 scale Fast Track puts off? I have screwed the track down to the shelf that it is on but it is still loud. I ran the engine...
  8. frolf_king

Engine Identify

I am new to this game and have a question… I figured out how to identify steam locos by the wheel count. 2-4-2.... 4-8-8-4, but how do you identify the other engines like the diesel engines.

Back