Search results

1. G

Model train closeouts

Anyone ever order from this place? I cant seem to get a response from them via email. There is no number to call them either.
  2. G

Howe bridge build question

Im going to attempt one of these. Wondering where you source the hardware and rods? This will be in O scale. Im pretty new to the MRR scene so any advice is appreciated. Thanks Ken
  3. G

First diorama....Opinions wanted

This is my first attempt at building a diorama. I would like your opinions on it to this point even though it isnt completed yet. I would like to add some clump foliage like in the foreground of the first pic but had a question before adding any more. Should i scenic glue everthing down first...
  4. G

Any MTH DCS experts on here??

I just set my system up and I am having trouble with it. I have a 100 foot loop in the house. Wired the TIU in 4 places at approx 25 ft apart. Pulled the center pin to isolate each 25 foot section. I have the engine on the track and when I turn the system on the engine starts right up. I dont...
  5. G

New Shelf Layout

I guess I should have started a thread a while ago. Ill start now. I am doing a shelf around the house. Got a good start on it and have a long ways to go! Ill post more as I go. There are going to be 2 lines in O scale. Cutting holes in your house isnt for the faint of heart! LOL There will be a...
  6. G

Where do you get your balsa?

Like the title says..Where do you get yours? Obviously looking for it online. Thanks for the help! Ken
  7. G

I need bridge plans

I would like to build a wooden bridge like the one in the beginning of this video. Does anyone have plans or know where I may get them? Thanks Ken
  8. G

Track radius in O scale?

63D and 72D. Is the center rail the radius of the track? I laid out 2 arcs of 31 1/2 and 36R. Set the track over the marks and they dont seem to line up right on the ends. I can post pics later today. Thanks Ken
  9. G

Went to Lowes today

I been needing 2 sheets of hardwood plywood for my layout. I need hardwood so I can stain it to match my shelves for my layout. It will be used in the corners of the room. I hadnt bought any yet since it was 56.00 bucks a sheet. Had to stop at Lowes today for some other stuff and walked down the...
  10. G

Track bed question

Wanting your opinions. I am looking at 2 different track beds. One being cork and the other is scenic woodlands black foam. My layout is going to be a wall layout on a 1x12 pine board shelf. What are the differences in the 2? Im leaning toward the foam because of cost. Thanks in advance. Ken
  11. G

Sealing blue Dow foam

I guess I should have asked here first. I sprayed some Krylon clear matte over some blue dow and Im sure everyone reading this already knows what happened! :eek: What should I have sealed it with? What a dumb mistake! I had a pretty nice double tunnel portal made too! At least I made a pattern...
  12. G

My first engine

My new engine. I needed a little inspiration. Now I got to get moving on the track layout.
  13. G

Tunnel portal

I have a wall that I need to make a tunnel through. I am looking for the smallest tunnel that I can safely put through the wall. This will be a double track in O scale. I did find a portal on a site that has a dimension on the inside of 8 1/2w X 6 1/2h. Any advice appreciated. Thanks Ken
  14. G

Tall pine trees

This was my first attempt at making some trees. Any advice? I made them using the hanging flower pot liners.
  15. G

Figuring grade..

Is there a calculation to figure grade? Will it depend on my engine size?
  16. G

Hello from western PA

Hello my name is Ken. First off, an explanation about the name. I used to really enjoy prospecting for gold. Hence the name "Goldnut" I have a bad back so I pretty much gave up digging in the creek. I have also spent a lot of hours hunting and trapping. My time spent on those has suffered too. I...

Back