1. R

New to model railroading

Avoid steel and go with nickel silver? Thanks I will keep that in mind
  2. R

New to model railroading

Thanks
  3. R

New to model railroading

Where do I look for these items? Where can I find these items at better prices?
  4. R

New to model railroading

Thanks Iron Horseman. I'd prefer to be on the less expensive side of things. At this stage, I certainly don't have a slightest clue about things (except that these trains look like fun). With locomotives and box cars I think I understand the wonderful advice I have received so far. With...
  5. R

New to model railroading

Thanks M
  6. R

New to model railroading

I have been warned to stay away from these. Aren't these expensive for what I will be getting?
  7. R

New to model railroading

The tracks are more expensive aren't they? Do I still need them if I plan to have the tracks on hardwood floor and not carpet?
  8. R

New to model railroading

Thanks, once again, to Dennis and trailrider. At this stage I am not thinking any benchwork. I simply want to create a (perhaps circular) track and let a train or two run. Can I not lay the tracks on the floor and let trains run, and when done pack the tracks up and put them away? (Are the...
  9. R

Hi

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I have decided on HO scale. Havent decided on anything else yet. I live in upstate NewYork.
  10. R

New to model railroading

Thanks M, That is very helpful. The atlas 83 track—is that something easy enough for me to assemble? Or will that require advanced knowledge and skill. (Please bear with me; I dont yet understand many of the terms most of you use) Grateful for all the help Ram
  11. R

Hi

Hi, My name is Ram, and I am about to get started on this hobby. Still deciding where to start and what to buy.
  12. R

New to model railroading

I am new to this hobby. I have decided on HO scale. Where do I start? What do I need to buy to start with a good running train (or two) with good features like sound, light etc.

Back