Search results

1. Texas Hobo

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

The Conductress has tried to talk me into getting someone to do the yard, but frankly do the yard is probably the most exercise I get. I have a process I use, especially in July, August, that gives me time to recoup a little between yards. Throw in that I'm using a riding mower and it's not all...
  2. Texas Hobo

Oh crap, I think the lawn mower is calling me.
  3. Texas Hobo

Guy - Glad to hear all went well and that you are home.
  4. Texas Hobo

I do my own stunts, .......... of course, not intentionally. Good morning, all! A cloudy, muggy day. Humidity at 90%. Forecaster are saying that this is the season farmers in South America and Mexico burn their fields. The stoke eventually drifts this way causing a gray sky. On the plus side it...
  5. Texas Hobo

I'm going with the dark blue.
  6. Texas Hobo

As for the RMS Olympic, it was about 100 nautical miles (190 km; 120 mi) away from the Titanic’s last known position when the disaster occurred. The Carpathia received a message from Captain Rostron of the Cunard’s RMS Carpathia, which had already arrived at the scene, providing critical...
  7. Texas Hobo

What do Mr. M. Hersey, Mr. J.P. Morgan and Mr. W. Finch have in common? Good morning, all! A nice day in the making. Temp started at 68 and going to the 80's but humidity is low. Our first 90 degree day could be Wednesday. Not a lot to report. I ran a few trains around the layout just to sort...
  8. Texas Hobo

I wasn't going to own up to it but, the only concert I ever went to was Barbara Mandrell and Johnny Rodriguez, maybe "68".
  9. Texas Hobo

Getting the ball through the windmill is a bi??h, ain't it!
  10. Texas Hobo

Good morning, all! Quite an exciting early morning. Thunderstorms roared through around 3:30 AM. The intensity was something I haven't felt in a long time. The thunder was so deep it vibrated the entire house, one actually vibrated the bed. The entire front yard is littered with limbs, leaves...
  11. Texas Hobo

Good morning, all! A very warm and humid day, muggy that's the word. Dense cloud cover, no eclipse will be seen here. Guess I'll check on TV or maybe live stream from NASA. From the archives, STAY SAFE LATER
  12. Texas Hobo

Good morning, all! A really nice day on hand and I hope we can get out and enjoy it. Not much to report on. Eclipse - Lots of disappointed folks around here as forecasters are saying we will be very cloudy. AI - If you want to have a little fun with it try this, write a paragraph or two about...
  13. Texas Hobo

I didn't recognize you with those earrings! 😃😃😃😃😃
  14. Texas Hobo

Good morning, all! A very cloudy and humid day here in Houston. Starting temp is 70. Grocery shopping is on today's agenda. Not sure if trains will see any action today. We took a short drive Sunday and found a few places with blue bonnets and Indian Paintbrush. Nothing like what you see in the...
  15. Texas Hobo

Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Good morning and Happy Easter to all! A cloudy start to the day, a slight chance of rain, the smell of charcoal in the air and cars already arriving at the neighbors for an egg hunt. I don't believe in conspiracy theories either. I do however question the sudden jag into the bridge support...
  16. Texas Hobo

Seems to be working ok now
  17. Texas Hobo

Good morning, all! Chamber of Commerce weather. Bob, looks like I spoke to fast or I jinxed your repairs. Took 3 attempts to log in, and just as slow as ever "liking" or turning a page. Not sure if we are dyeing eggs or not. STAY SAFE LATER
  18. Texas Hobo

Thanks, Bob. It's definitely better here.
  19. Texas Hobo

Good morning, all! A beautiful day, sunny with temperatures predicted to be in the low 70's. If I had a convertible, the top would definitely be down. Awaiting a call from the dog groomer to pick up my little buddy. I intend to try and mow the back yard this afternoon. Maybe a train or two after...
  20. Texas Hobo

Houston is already looking at bridges on the ship channel. The first bridge is the Fred Hartman Bridge. The stanchions for the bridge are outside the channel in 5' off water. They said the ship would run aground before hitting the bridge. Tugs are normally dropped once a ship has cleared points...

Back