Search results

1. MoPac_Eagle

OldNew Starting an HO Layout

I think you meant to say that to rvnmedic6869 as I haven't served in the Armed Forces.
  2. MoPac_Eagle

Shoestring budget

I like the Mopac, but I also model EVWR and P&L.
  3. MoPac_Eagle

Soundtraxx Sperry Car Recommendation

This is a link to another forum I found. It looks like they used Caterpillar engines. Hope this helps, Luke
  4. MoPac_Eagle

Ulrich-- Gondola Build

Your loads will look very nice when they are done.👍
  5. MoPac_Eagle

Running Bear's January 2021 Coffee Shop

Hello everyone! Today I plan on painting some of my DPM buildings. I also plan on cleaning some stuff up around the layout. Guy- I actually don't mind going to school, but with everything going on right now it is crazy. Curt- I originally bought one of those Cubes, but it came with a dead...
  6. MoPac_Eagle

Good morning everyone. The school has been shut down for the first time until January 19. We are going to be "all remote." I never thought I would say this but, I hate not being in school. Ken- Thanks a lot! Now I have another GP18 I have to model. I am trying to model the engines (mostly...
  7. MoPac_Eagle

Home under construction dio

This is a very nice house. What are you using for shingles?
  8. MoPac_Eagle

Hello everyone, it has been a while, which means lots of catching up to do. My finger is still slowing me down, although it is healing now. I would post a picture of it, but I don't want anyone to spill their coffee. Wille- Hope you had a happy birthday! I also have that Plasticville tower...
  9. MoPac_Eagle

Ulrich-- Gondola Build

Your gondola is coming along very nicely. I can't wait to see it completed. Also, You have probably said somewhere, but what CA do you use? I think you need to stop watching Saving Private Ryan, it is starting to have an effect on your vocabulary😛.
  10. MoPac_Eagle

Running Bear's December 2020 Coffee Shop

Happy new year!
  11. MoPac_Eagle

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you.
  12. MoPac_Eagle

HO scale Camera?

Thank you for all the choices. I still haven't decided on one yet.
  13. MoPac_Eagle

Make your own crushed ballast

I already have... the MoPac ballast is a lot harder than the CNW is. This was taken from the UP main at Union Illinois by the Illinois Railway Museum.
  14. MoPac_Eagle

Details West PL-160 pilot/plow attachment

I usually use regular old Testors glue. I think one of the two would be the best option for gluing metal to plastic.
  15. MoPac_Eagle

Just in..

Hello Howard, Welcome aboard!
  16. MoPac_Eagle

HO scale Camera?

KBO2-I decided not to get one of the key fob cameras because it was an awkward size and shape. Terry- I have three iPhone 4s I have acquired, but they were too wide to fit on some parts of my layout. When I get one, I will say which one I got and how much I like it.
  17. MoPac_Eagle

Off hand, what size I'm I looking for?....... Jerry-do you have any woodland scenics ballast? If you do find a strainer that lets those pieces through. You could use a window screen. If you have something with a screen, you could upload a picture, and I can see if it would work. That is some...
  18. MoPac_Eagle

Chet-Louie is just sad he doesn't get any of the good smelling things inside of the eggs. You have a very nice layout. How did you make your trees?
  19. MoPac_Eagle

Sherrel- I usually run some water after I am done to clear the pieces out. They aren't that big anyway. I also should have mentioned screening the rocks with a magnet to get any magnetic pieces of rock out. You definitely need to do this if you have sound engines with speakers in the fuel tank...
  20. MoPac_Eagle

Luke - enjoyed reading your tutorial on rock-crushing, I did something similar for one of my industrial lots. It's kind of a challenge finding a fixative that doesn't leave the stones looking wet even after it dries. Ken- I have found that Woodland scenics scenic cement works very well. It...

Back