Search results

1. NVR/WAS RxR

post your model RR tips........

I have done the same technique for years. The possible error I have found was to DYE or WASH the sawdust. PVA your surface. Apply the sawdust in it's natural color. Spray paint with desired primer and top coat colors. Finish off with diluted and tinted Mod-Podge with an application of...
  2. NVR/WAS RxR

Stone wall rolling tool

Ditto
  3. NVR/WAS RxR

COLD Soldering????

Has anyone ever used COLD Soldering? If so, how effective is it? How does it work? Any problems I should be on the lookout for? At a recent RxR Club fundraiser I won a gift certificate for one. But have yet to cash it in.
  4. NVR/WAS RxR

High Baller for 69 years and counting.

Mikey, THNX. Don't make this our FINAL CUT, but THE PIPER AT THE GATES OF DAWN. Having been in the hobby approaching 69 yrs. I got A SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS posted on THE WALL. MORE RELICS then in THE ENDLESS RIVER on THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON. WISH YOU WERE HERE for A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON...
  5. NVR/WAS RxR

Great Divide, The memory is mostly my cousin Paul's. My Uncle John was Paul's Grandfather. Dude has a massive brain. Your remembering the RxR bridge is a G.D. Great idea. I've been chatting with others on these RxR ties, about my MAJOR 2020 upgrade. When Autumn hits I may just go Upstate...
  6. NVR/WAS RxR

Layout Eye Line

Many thanks to Greg@mnrr, jim81147, trailrider, and MHinLA The original reason for asking was my RxR is a 2 tiered TOMA layout. HOWEVER, both levels are on top of each other. Facing in the same direction. That takes up a lot of wall space, as railers need to climb over each other for OPs...
  7. NVR/WAS RxR

n Randy, Sorry for the delay in responding. I had to check with my cousin, who is still on the line. My Uncle John throttled the #5270 Steamer for most of his NYC career. Though he started, as a fireman, in 1915, before the #5270 was commissioned. He hit the line with the #5270 in the early...
  8. NVR/WAS RxR

Thank you Patrick. Hope to SEE YA' DOWN THE LINE. Jim
  9. NVR/WAS RxR

Layout Eye Line

Thanks Greg. Perfect 911.
  10. NVR/WAS RxR

Hey Fellow Railers, My Grandfather and Father introduced me to O Gauge in 1950. I've rolled G, S, O, HO (00), N, & Z gauges. Even when my Great-Uncle retired from the NYC, on his final yard call, he let me take the throttle. My life is on THE LINE. And I'll SEE YA' DOWN THE LINE. Jim
  11. NVR/WAS RxR

My new layout

Nice Prototype. Keep us up to date. As for the rivet counters, I have had to deal with such Trolls for decades, just tell them, "Go Screw."
  12. NVR/WAS RxR

Layout Eye Line

On multiple tiered or mushroom leveled layouts, what height of viewing do you prefer, between each layouts?

Back