Search results

1. Emperor of the North

Pennsylvania RR 4-8-2 M1 and M1A Project coming up

Well, the boys were right. If I bought one Brass model, more would follow me home and I would be hooked like a bass..... I picked up a couple Sunset Models Pennsylvania RR 4-8-2 brass models. The M1, and the Extended range M1A Mountain haulers. I did a few minutes of research and found out...
  2. Emperor of the North

Need an HO Test stand?

I built 2 for less than the price of one Railstand. Does it look as nice? Maybe, does it work for programming /testing at any voltage you put into it???? YES. I tested 6 engines on this stand in about 15minutes (including beer break). Time to build it? About 3 hours (including a beer break)...
  3. Emperor of the North

Just Learning Layout Software

while I was playing around with Anyrail software (not that impressed after using AutoCad programs of various brands), I used up my 50 pieces of track pretty quickly so I had to pay $50 for a license which also unlocks a few functions of the program which you don't get with the trial (free)...
  4. Emperor of the North

Spring floods caused some serious issues

I'm preparing to start working on my own layout soon and my skill level is untested. Maybe I could start with this as a model. All kidding aside, I didn't realize these are the issues (This is BNSF which I am a big fan as I saw them daily in the northern burbs of Mpls/St. Paul as a youngster)...

Back