Search results

1. R

New guy here getting (re)started after 30-ish years...

Thanks man, just what I needed to know. Picked up my Atlas 24" turntable and three stall roundhouse this weekend. The roundhouse is HUGE! Don't think I will use it for this project but I will hang on to it...
  2. R

New Layout for LASM

I just read through most of this thread. Ridiculous! (in an awesome type of way)
  3. R

Oh man, that makes total sense. Thanks for explaining! So that begs the question, what's the minimum length of straight recommended before entering the TT? It will add width to my layout which is already about as big as I want it to be...
  4. R

Next revision... 042 curves on the outer loop (I'll have to get some, don't think I have any but there's a guy on the auction site selling 12 pieces for fifty bucks). 24" dia turntable. Got rid of the pinch point, moved the yard switches back over to the right. Some track missing due to...
  5. R

Bruette, thanks for the thought. I might look into that... Maybe at least on the outer loop... I do have a newer (80's?) Williams SD45 that has a tough time with the 031 curves... this dude (but not my pic): Dave, thanks! Iron Horseman, thanks for the input! I will for sure fix the pinch...
  6. R

Thanks for the warm welcome guys... Been reading through lots of posts on here and looking at all the amazing work and pictures... this place is addictive - and so is SCARM. New design below - more linear feet of yard and moved the turntable over to the left which gives an extra two stalls (8...
  7. R

Thank you sir! I will definitely be posting tons of photos once I get going on this project. I might sit on it for a while to think thru my layout and get ideas here for things I might want to change for a bit before I start. But here's a pic of the project site in the meantime...
  8. R

Hey guys, name's Rob, I'm 43. Dad had lionel trains when he was a kid, came home from college one day to find that his mom had given them all away. Sad story, but lucky for me since he swore that'd never happen in my case. We went to train shows all the time when I was little, I'd come home...

Back